PDA

View Full Version : really confiused w/ fish selection

ozadars
09/26/2003, 02:20 PM
Hi,
I have a bicolor dottyback, tomato clown, a coral banded shrimp and gonna buy a marine betta later but i want at least one more fish that swims and adds colour to tank... these are ones i can add;

-coral beauty angel $33
-3 chromis, one for $16
-Sixline wrasse $30

I also want the fish not to fish w/ dottyback and to be hardy

ozadars
09/26/2003, 05:43 PM
Ok,
I read some of the old topics and saw that dottyback can kill sixline, dont want chromis actually because they will add too much to bioload (3), my fish will come from another city so the shipping will be a long time (about 1 day), coral beauty can stress bacause they are not very hardy i think. I decided on Yellow Wrasse (HALICHOERES CHRYSUS)... i read really nice things about them so i think i m gonna buy one. I wish dotty wont touch him

Sting
09/26/2003, 10:35 PM
How big is your fish tank?

Peter Schmiedel
09/27/2003, 02:02 AM
Odzar,

16./ Euro for ONE chromis ????? Gosh ... here ist is 4.50 / 6.50... sixline 14. .. centropyge is ok...

I would go for a chromis group as thez might take the fear from the marine fighter so that you wuill see this one more.

ozadars
09/27/2003, 03:59 AM
Sting, its a 65 gal

Peter, do u know about HALICHOERES CHRYSUS? actually 3*16 (for 3 chromis) will cost too much so i dont really want to buy them...

fishermania
09/27/2003, 09:16 PM
A coral beauty are a hardy fish, and would be fine in your tank.

Peter Schmiedel
09/28/2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by ozadars
Peter, do u know about HALICHOERES CHRYSUS? actually 3*16 (for 3 chromis) will cost too much so i dont really want to buy them...

What you want to know about this nice yellow wrasse?

Here you normally get juveniles from about 5 cm size. Price is about 18.- Euro. As most wrasses easy to keep in groups as they live in a harem structur. The dominant fish will convert to a male.

They sleep in the sand so you should provide at least one corner with high enough sand so that the fish can dive inside.

ozadars
09/28/2003, 05:16 AM
Peter my tank cant hold 3 or 2 i think i was thinking of buying just one, what i want to learn is are they jumpers, eat my coral banded shrimp and can my dottyback kill him?

Peter Schmiedel
09/29/2003, 02:31 AM
Ozadar,

shrimp should be not in danger. Jump .. maybe at the beginning until they get used to your tank light schedule. With a moonlight it shall not be any problem.

Which dottyback to you have. Guess you only have one dottyback?

ozadars
09/29/2003, 09:35 AM
I have the bicolor dottyback, one side is yellow and the front is purple... (not royal gramma)

Peter Schmiedel
09/30/2003, 01:22 AM
Ozadars,

the royal dottyback is known as one of the most agrressive. As the wrasse is also partly yellow .. hmm .... could be tough ...

Really dont know.