PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail

Breef
05/29/2001, 02:49 PM
Is there a specific reason why someone would need two different e-mail addresses under different names? For legitimate reasons anyway.

Q-ball
05/29/2001, 05:34 PM
I have a hotmail account that I use sometimes online when I think the site I'm giving it to will generate a bunch of junk mail. Haven't even checked that on in months.

aLittletank
05/29/2001, 07:08 PM
I have one I use for normal folk, and one I use for reefers :D

you can never be too careful :D

Allen

jimhobbs
05/29/2001, 07:13 PM
...One can NEVER have too many!:D:eek1:

Clyde
05/29/2001, 07:19 PM
i make millions of em :)

I sign up a web page , let ssay I make a new one for this time only to sign up for a new mailing list for corals etc

I set my email to be

aquaset@whatever.com

now I get junk mail to aquaset I BLAME that company, as I got proof I only use that ONE email for that ONE mailing list, now 10 people have that address - it sold my email - I just close the email account let it bounce back to em, make a new one for other stuff

billsreef
05/29/2001, 09:04 PM
A web based email account can be usefull if you might switch ISP's or do any traveling and want an easy to check email account to leave with people you want to keep in touch with. Also like Q mentions it can be usefull for things that have the potential to generate junk mail. I also found my web based email account a life saver when my ISP's outging mail server went down when I needed to contact a customer.

Breef
05/30/2001, 06:02 AM
Thanks much people,thats what a question is for,I've learned a lot already from this board,and not just for aquaria.If you talk with a group of people ever day its a lot easer to get a proper answer from them sometimes than going to a whole new board and posting the question there.I posted a similar question on a computer board yesterday that I just signed up with and haven't gotter an answer yet.Also a lot of questions like this one with multiple answers can be answered by someone without having to be computer gurus. I appreciate your throughal response gentlemen.