PDA

View Full Version : Suitable anthias for a peaceful 75 gallon?

musicsmaker
09/23/2003, 10:24 PM
Is there an anthias that would be suitable for a 75 gallon with peaceful tankmates? Either a single male or a male female pair would be great if it can be done. None of my searches have come up with anything.

mhltcob
09/23/2003, 11:47 PM
Do a search on bartlett's anthias. relativily easy to keep, and colorful.

Peter Schmiedel
09/24/2003, 04:45 AM
Please be aware that Anthias live in huge groups and should not be keep with one or two.

Normally you can only keep one male in a tank. I would add at least 5 femals.

Only if you keep them in a group they will be always in motion and dont hide.

You should alos know that Anthias need several feeding sessions over the day and that most of them dont like flakes.

musicsmaker
09/24/2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Peter Schmiedel
You should alos know that Anthias need several feeding sessions over the day and that most of them dont like flakes. I thought only the toughest to keep anthias needed several feedings every day.

Peter Schmiedel
09/24/2003, 08:36 AM
All Anthias are permanent in motion and feed during the entire light phase on plankton - easy to see during diving.

If they dont have enough food they start hidding in order to keep their energy. I feed mine P.parvirostris serveral times in the afternoon hours. Specially if they are niw you have to feed them very very often that they get back to fittness.

wee-reefer
09/24/2003, 09:35 PM
http://216.239.51.104/custom?q=cache:BTix3ZQ8RakJ:www.wetwebmedia.com/anthiina.htm+anthias&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Have fun. I've read also that they absolutly love Zooplankton, the stuff in jars. It's cultured daphnia, but they love it. WEE

wee-reefer
09/24/2003, 09:37 PM
*** happened to my link???

http:/www.wetwebmedia.com/anthiina.htm

musicsmaker
09/24/2003, 10:11 PM
Wee, check your comp for spyware. It does funky things to links similar to that. Been seeing lots of pop ups lately? If yes, spyware. If no, some other strange phenomena.

PS ~ Thanks for the link!

ozadars
09/25/2003, 09:19 AM
Hi Musicmaker,
I Think 4 female 1 male lyretail or dispar anthias would be great
I saw them and they were really nice coloured