PDA

View Full Version : my current livestock question

underoo
09/22/2003, 01:12 AM
I currently only have a yellow watchman goby, but this week i am getting a six line wrasse. I am then getting a yellow stripe maroon and a coral beauty. I was wondering if i could add a firefish also? I know that the maroon and coral beauty should be the last things to add, so what do you think of a fire fish? Do you think this will all be ok in a 75 with 80lb lr?

I am new here and this site rocks!

Angel*Fish
09/22/2003, 08:31 AM
Those are all small fish except for the maroon -- If it was me I get a smaller clown as maroons can get up to 6 inches. I just moved my maroons out of a 55g which in my opinion was way to small once the larger one got huge. But I would think your tank could handle all of those (not all at once of course)

I have a maroon pair, but If I could do it over I'd get a pair of false or true percs or possibly pink skunks - BTW - I recently read somewhere that clowns can live 20 or so years - At least try to look at some photos of what that cute little orange maroon turns into before you decide (if you haven't already)!

Here's a bad one - out of focus- but it gives you the idea :)

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/521/5247badmood2.jpg

underoo
09/22/2003, 10:19 AM
I love the yellow stripe. Did you get yours online?

reefer91
09/22/2003, 07:01 PM
Hey Mantisagogo,
What kind of anemone is that picture? I currently have a
pair of maroons in a 180 gallon tank I just got. I also like the gbms.

Angel*Fish
09/23/2003, 06:50 PM
Underoo - I got them at my LFS - not as a pair but one at a time, it was a pain to pair them up. The yellow in the photo is a little more vivid than it normally looks in my tank, BTW.

Except for being attached to them as I've had them a couple of years, I don't like these fish - I would choose less aggressive more colorful ones - They are either hiding or picking on any rocks, corals or fish that come into their territory. Just my $.02:D

What kind of anemone is that picture? I currently have a
pair of maroons in a 180 gallon tank I just got. I also like the gbms. It's a Rose BTA - I might like my maroons more in a 180 :)

Mariner
09/23/2003, 07:40 PM
These fish will all fit easily into a 75, and IMO you won't be anywhere near overstocking ;) The GS maroon clown has a reputation for being extremely aggressive, so I would definitely add it last, or consider a more mild-mannered clown.
FWIW
Mariner