PDA

View Full Version : Cyntropyge lifespan

Heyoo
09/17/2003, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know what the lifespan of a captive Cyntropyge Angel should be?

My Rusty that I've had for a few years is displaying some odd behavior, and I don't know if he's sick, old, or in heat:D .

He's (she?) is swimming around with his caudal fin lower than norm (not horizontal), and wagging it back and forth - like he's trying to shake something off of his tail. I can't see any signs of external parasites, and there is no redness or visible sores. The other tank occupants look very healthy. Any ideas?

thanks

aquaprop1
09/17/2003, 12:49 PM
Ive heard of several people keeping flame angels and rustys for 10+ years, as for the swimming issues any change in diet?

Heyoo
09/17/2003, 06:01 PM
Nope - no change in diet. He's been eating a mix of spirulina enriched brine shrimp, Omega-3 Fatty Acid enriched brine shrimp, "Emerald Entree", Plankton, "Marine Cuisine", and Formula 1 frozen food. Most of these already have vitamin supplements, but I also squeeze in a little Zoe or Selcon to give it that extra Zing!.

I'll try an extra water change, and check the chemistry. Hopefully he pulls through this.

BTW - I am quite certain he was wild caught - so there's no telling how old he was when purchased. He's been in my tank for approx 3 years.

Creade
09/17/2003, 10:10 PM
I cant say Ive ever seen any change in behavior in my centropyge that worries me. The half black I currently have Ive had for about 5 yrs. The only thing I have noticed is that it has become somewhat more aggressive as its aged. My tang used to chase it away when it was food time, now the angel usually butts heads with the tang and keeps eatting.
After 5 yrs+ you would think all the fish would learn to live together better /shrug

I wish you the best with your angel, please keep us updated as Im curious as to what the "problem?" is.

Creade