PDA

View Full Version : Greg's stuff available for the Sept 27 meeting

Greg Hiller
09/16/2003, 11:56 AM
I will take trades of flatworm free green star polyps (2" square colonies are worth about $8 in trade to me) or cash is always good too!

Please email me direct regarding anything you want from my list. My email address is at the bottom of the message.

See you all there.

- Greg Hiller

Colorful, tank-raised SPS, LPS, soft corals, and reef-safe tank-raised detritivores for sale - wide variety

Frags/small colonies of colorful, tank-raised corals for sale, all encrusted down onto the substrate, and actively growing. I use thick seashells, fossilized coral rock, and sometimes small concrete disks (don't worry these are not ugly, unnatural looking huge things) for substrate. See the web site www.angelfire.com/ma3/ghcorals/ for photos of the mother colonies, and detailed descriptions of growth patterns, colors under different lighting conditions, origin of mother colony (if known), and generalized care. All of these are from MY OWN tanks, some have been in tanks for multiple generations, most for several years.

SPS:

Acropora (all my Acropora are red-mite [parasite] free, for more info on these buggers see my article in the June, '03 edition of the on-line magazine Advanced Aquarist http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/june2003/toc.htm):

Larry Jackson's purple-tipped Acro. - 2" frags available, $20/ea

Purple-tipped Acro. with fine branches (originally from the New England Aquarium reef tank) - 2" frags $20/ea

Acropora kirstae? (originally from Tropicorium, I think their id was correct), very thin, delicate-looking long branched brown with white tips Acro with beautiful (I don't say this lightly) structure. This is a somewhat sensitive Acro., and does not do well under all conditions. This was named after Veron's wife, FWIW. $15 for a 2" frag

Acropora ?aculeus? - bushy growth form with yellow highlighted coralites - particularly pretty under lots of actinic lighting - 1-2" frags - $20/ea - two available

Bright greenish-yellow Acropora loripes? (very unusual form for an Acropora) - 2" frags $14/ea - left

Unidentified brown Acropora - branches curl a bit, looks greenish with actinic lighting, very hardy, first Acropora I ever grew - I have some huge pieces of this (3-4" multi branched pieces) ready to go. They are slightly encrusted, but they will likely break of in transit because the pieces are so large - you will likely have to remount with putty epoxy. $10 for the big pieces

Purple-tipped, green-polyped Acropora (horrida?) - slow grower - I only rarely take frags from this colony (under some lighting/tank conditions this colony is SOLID purple) - 2" frag $25/ea - one available

Blue-tipped A. formosa? (wide open stag-type form) - 2-3" frags, most single branches - $20/ea

Blue-tipped, 'hairy'-polyped long-branched Acro, A. abrolhosensis? - 2" frags - $20/ea - sold out

Bright green tissue with green polyps Acro - grows very fast - the slimer - 1-2" frags (small bushy colonies) - $17/ea

Another blue-tipped Acro. - the blue is intense and very nice, under some lighting conditions the color extends down a ways from the tips, moderate growth rate - a bit difficult to frag, frags smaller than 1-2 inches often do not take - $20/ea - available, but not encrusted sufficiently to ship yet

Aqua with blue tips Acro - very fast growth - 2" frags - $20/ea

Acropora echinata? (as id'ed by Tropicorium) - blue highlighted coralites - 2" frag $20/ea - sold out

Pink with yellow tips Acro available 1-2" frags (and yes, before you ask, it really is pink with yellow tips!) - $20 each

New Acro with blue highlighted polyps, originally from Dr. Mac. - very fast growth - 2-3" frags $25/ea - this is super bright nearly solid blue/aqua under 400 W 10K German, a paler, solid light blue under the Iwasaki bulbs - several available

Anacropora ?puertogalarae? - pale brown, very fine and delicate branching species that grows quickly even under moderate lighting, does not effectively encrust, the colonies I sell are imbedded in putty epoxy - 1-2" multiple branched colonies - $15/ea - sold out

Bright yellow Porites lichen - this is an encrusting species from a high wave zone in the Pacific - it will add some color to your rock structure - $10 for a 1" diameter fragment - sold out

Green Hydnophora - 1-2" frag - $18

Montipora:

Bright green M. digitata - 2-3" frags, most with multiple branches - $17/ea - I also have some very large colonies for $25 each.

Purple M. digitata - one VERY tough coral, all the frags I currently sell come from a colony that I attempted to destroy (it was in the wrong spot), I ground every last polyp down with a butter knife and still it came back - 2" frags with multiple branches $17/ea - many available - this coral tends not to encrust much, so the colonies I send you might not be encrusted

Bright orange M. digitata (these are nearly pink) - 2" frags, $17/ea

Bright orange M. capricornis (probably actually M. delicata or M. foliosa) - forms beautiful whorled structure, grows VERY fast even under moderate lighting - 2" to 3" frags - $23/ea

Purple M. capricornis (also may be M. delicata or M. foliosa) - the polyps are bright purple and the tissue is a less intense purple, grow fast under moderate or strong lighting - color best under 400 W MH - I only have small frags of this as yet - $17 for a 1" piece (yes I know it's a lot, but I have to build up my supply)

Green M. palawanensis? - green with blue polyps under 400 W 10K Ushio bulb (polyps are not blue long term under Iwasaki bulb) - 1-2" frags - $22 - several available

Greenish Pocillopora damicornis (the green is in the center of the coral between the branches, and is not evident under all lighting conditions), does well even in low-moderate light - 1-2" diameter colonies - $15/ea - several available.

Brown Pocillopora damicornis (polyps have a faint green hue to the tips under VHO), does well even in low light - 1-2" colonies - $12/ea

Pink Pocillopora damicornis - not as hardy as the above two variants of P. damcornis, does not encrust well, and needs brighter light, but it is very pretty! - 1" diameter colony - $15 - sold out

Soft corals/zoanthids:

Bright Yellow Fiji Leather (yes, I've learned to propagate them) - Sarcophyton elegans - 1-2" - $20

Silver pulsing Xenia - 2-3" high colonies, I have two variants of this, one that grows long stalks, another that is paler in color, tends to remain shorter, does not ship as well (I will not guarantee the shipping of the white form, though I have successfully shipped it), and has a more 'frilly' polyp, let me know which one you want - $15

Anthelia - $10 for small colony (2x2 inch piece) - this is like Xenia, but does not pulse, grows as a mat, and tends to have much larger polyps that 'blow in the wind' - will put you to sleep, watching the tank!

Light Brown Colt coral (Klyxum, the correct new genus from the new soft coral book, by Fabricius and Alderslade) - $15 for a 2-3" colony attached to a small rock - one available

Yellow colonial polyps (bright yellow, like tiny coral flowers) - $15 for a colony - minimum of 25 polyps

Solomon Islands brown mushroom leather coral - most beautiful mushroom leather I've ever seen, zillions of extremely long polyps burst from the surface (check out the photo of this one on the web site!!), clownfish love to wallow in it - easy to propagate - $15 for a frag with a 2 inch diameter head - several available

Green tree corals (likely Sinularia though possibly Nephthea) - $15 for a colony (typically 2-3" when expanded)

New green tree coral (brighter green, but slower growing and encrusting than above variant), under many conditions this coral does not fully extend its polyps, but is still healthy - $18 for a 2" colony - sold out

Neon Green star polyps (Briareum) - these are the brightest variant I've ever seen, and grows fast - 2" diameter colonies - $15/ea

Assorted mushrooms - Usually have neon green wagon wheel, green pin-striped, purple (looks blue under some lighting), and orange available (the orange looks red under some lighting), occasionally have green polka-dotted available. Can combine several different colors on a rock (let me know which colors you want and I will try to accomodate you) - minimum three mushrooms/rock, $15 for a rock

Zoanthid colonies - multiple colors, 1. green centers with green tentacles (the fastest growing) - available, 2. Rust orange centers with orange tentacles - sold out - $15 per 2" dia colony. 3. Also have a rare hot pink form - $30 per 1" dia colony for these

Pseudocorynactis carribbeorum anemonies - this is a non-photosynthetic anemone that grows to a maximum of about 2 inches in diameter - the tentacles have white, bulbous tips - it can asexually reproduce, but because it is non-photosynthetic it does not become a pest like Aiptasia genus anemonies - $5/each

Greenish Clavularia - Daisy polyps - green with fine lacey type polyps - TRAII, middle left pg. 22, but darker green - fast growing under VHO - $15 for a 2" diameter colony

Detritivores:

I sell them for the price of the trouble it takes for me to fish them out and bag them for you. They reproduce naturally in all my tanks, and none of them are harmful to corals or fish. These are all small critters, so shipping cost on them is very small. Get them into your tanks and they should reproduce. None of the cultures I send you will have the EVIL red flatworms!

- I have some dwarf limpets (grow only to 1/4" dia.) 12/$5
- small snails (likely genus of Cerith, max shell length of 1 inch) 12/$5 - I have tons of these at the moment, no limit on order
- small snails (likely genus of Strombus, possibly S. maculatus, max size 1/2 inch) 12/$5 - sold out again, sorry
- dwarf white (5 arm) or brown (six arm, and VERY brittle) brittle stars (max size is 1 1/2 inch arm to arm), two species (I won't guarantee I'll always have some of each, depends what I find when I'm fishing) 12/$5
- Gammarus amphipods - if you have live rock you probably already have them in your tank, but I'll be happy to sell you more! - 12/$5.
- Bristle worms (this species does not harm corals, Eurythoe spp.). 12/$5
- Marine mysis shrimp -this is a small tropical species that does not grow larger than 1/4 inch in length, small seahorses and pipefish love them - 12/$5 (max order of 2 dozen)
- Live sand with worms - you can have a cupful for free if you are ordering some other things and chip in the $5-7 to ship it - if you want more than a cup the charge is $1.50/lb, but the shipping will kill you unless you are local :-(

Tank raised fish (all raised by me!):

False perc clowns (A. ocellaris) - 1" long - $7 each or $13 for a pair

Gold-bar maroon clowns (P. biaculeatus) - 1" long - $9 each or $17 for a pair. They are too small to have the gold bar at the moment, but they will grow into them over the next few months.

I also sell hermit crab houses, empty snail shells I pick up at the beach, and sterilize by roasting in my toaster oven! - $5 for two dozen of various sizes (1/4" to 3/4" diameter)

Greg Hiller
09/16/2003, 04:11 PM
bump

charliebetta
09/16/2003, 04:14 PM
I would also like to add that Greg's stuff will only be available if Arwin7 and I do not purchase all of it on Thursday...

:D

aquaman_68
09/16/2003, 10:45 PM
Greg do you have a purple or blue millipora? Or the pink milli w/blueish tips from your web page?

Rick and Sandy
09/17/2003, 07:00 AM
RE: Pink with yellow tips Acro available 1-2" frags (and yes, before you ask, it really is pink with yellow tips!) - $20 each

Greg,

If this is still available (1 please), Sandy & I would like it. LMK, Rick - WGRick@AOL.COM

moe_k
09/17/2003, 08:14 AM
I don't know how often Greg checks these posts, folks. You might want to email him as he indicated above.

Greg Hiller
09/17/2003, 04:12 PM
Yup, like Moe said, email is best.

I have to laugh everytime I see Moe's avatar (speling?), makes me think he must be a really grouchy guy!! ;)

aquaman_68
09/17/2003, 09:05 PM
I sent you an e-mail to gwhiller@angelfire.com
My e-mail server would not do an e-mail with spaces

moe_k
09/17/2003, 09:12 PM
I think Greg was trying to avoid posting his exact email adress. It's a common tactic to dodge spam.
But then you just posted his address...

Scuba_Dave
09/17/2003, 09:19 PM
I hate when that happens.....go back & edit it....

bdr127
09/17/2003, 09:53 PM
Doh! :rolleyes:

aquaman_68
09/18/2003, 12:03 AM
Well..............DUH..........I'm sorry I blew it for you Greg. Not that smart in that department & just didn't catch on to the reason for the *. Guess I won't do that twice!! :(

MiddletonMark
09/18/2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by charliebetta
I would also like to add that Greg's stuff will only be available if Arwin7 and I do not purchase all of it on Thursday...

:D

You won't be let down. I had him ship stuff out to me, and they're all just thriving 2.5 months in - and I've fragged the green monti [1" frags off what was `tiny bump' when arrived].

If only you Boston folks didn't buy up all his stuff so he could ship some out to us ;)

Greg Hiller
09/18/2003, 12:29 PM
That's okay Aquaman, I'll just forward all the extra spam to you!!
:p

aquaman_68
09/18/2003, 12:39 PM
oooh that hurts!!!!! :) By the way..............Do you have an answer for me on the milli? I

Greg Hiller
09/19/2003, 04:36 PM
bump

Greg Hiller
09/20/2003, 08:51 PM
bump again. I've responded to all emails, though sometimes I get them bounced back (it's not my fault!!:))

pavster
09/23/2003, 12:59 PM
I sent you an email and haven't heard back yet. I'd like a Green Slimer frag; I'll be at the meeting. Thanks!

Greg Hiller
09/25/2003, 11:25 AM
another bump

Scuba_Dave
09/26/2003, 03:28 PM
Bump for bd

bd8134
09/26/2003, 06:53 PM
I am intrested in the
Solomon Islands brown mushroom leather coral $15
Tank Raised Clown $7
and probably some Detritivores