PDA

View Full Version : Flame or Pigmy Angel?

Gem Tang Rider
09/15/2003, 09:43 AM
Which fish would get along better with a Sixline Wrasse? The tank is a 37gal with a Sixline Wrasse (1"), a Solandri Toby (2"), & about 40#s of live rock.

Laura D
09/15/2003, 02:25 PM
Well, the pigmy, Centropyge argi, is surely the tougher of the two and would be one I would recommend as a hardy small angel that can usually stand up for itself pretty well.

I don't know the first thing about tobys so I can't really recommend a tankmate for them, but in general, flames are more docile and can be more fragile than atlantic pigmy angels, but once you get a flame angel healthy and established in a tank it is a good community member.

ignite1402
09/15/2003, 10:16 PM
i guess flame will be a better choice for me to recc to you... as long as there's enuff rock in your tank there shouldnt be much of a trouble in adding both actually..

Creade
09/16/2003, 09:58 PM
As it seems Ignite and I totally disagree on angel keeping, Im going to make my comment.

Please do not put a Flame and a Pygmy in a 37. Thats just too small of a tank imo.

My flame used to swim the distance in my 300 constantly and I just dont see that a packed 37 with multiple fish is going to be enough room.

Creade

Peter Schmiedel
09/17/2003, 08:53 AM
Why dont you solve the problem with the six line first? Most people call this wrasse a "bastard" because they keep them wrong!!

This fish lifes in groups and only gets an very aggressive fish if you keep them alone. Here in Europe we needed long to figure it out, but it works perfect! Even in smaller tanks, but then you should only keep a pair. I have a goup of five :)

Most successfull is to add a much smaller one to the one you have in your tank. You will see hwo he changes to a brave nice fish :)

BTW, a flame angle in a tank of that size ??? Please dont do this to this animal.

Gem Tang Rider
09/18/2003, 07:44 AM
Well I was only going to have those 3 fish in the 37gal tank. Maybe I'll have to rethink this small angel addition.

nodtroll
09/19/2003, 07:53 PM
an angel that might just work in a tank that size is the coral beauty angel