PDA

View Full Version : lighting

kmfdm242
09/14/2003, 04:58 PM
I have cheap lighting on my 55gal.
I was looking at puting together a kit useing a ice cap 660. I want to put four bulbs on the tank. I just found a ballast called ARO Model 4L is this good or should i dish out the extra money for the ice cap? Thanks for all the info in advance.

Easily Distracted
09/14/2003, 05:18 PM
I dont think this is the right forum for this, but I would go for the IceCap. Excellent quality, tons of built in redundancy and protection and most importantly, a 3yr pretty much unconditional warranty. I'm in the process of setting up a four T5 bulb setup, myself.:D

Aaron
09/14/2003, 06:54 PM
Where are you getting your T5 stuff? I'm interested in T5 but it seems we are limited in the US... the Europeans have it made with many choice and much nicer items then what we can get here in the states!

robwsup
09/14/2003, 10:16 PM
ARO is good. It's what hellolights uses.

Easily Distracted
09/15/2003, 08:30 AM
Tekrecycle,
I sent you a PM.

I still strongly recommend IceCap. They are a RC sponsor and have a thread here on RC. I suggest you check it out and take note of their service and dedication to the customers. I little research is always a good thing.

brewercm
09/15/2003, 11:28 AM
If you check hellolights they have the full retro setup with the ARO electronic ballast for $165. Thats everything ready to mount in a canopy exept the bulbs. Both are excellent choices and pretty much equal in quality IMO.