PDA

View Full Version : An Explanation To Those Who Don't Understand

johnny
05/24/2001, 10:33 AM
<B><I>Look around the world today,
See all the hate and horrors,
The lawsuits and nasty things people say,
I'll be happy behind these closed doors.
Dive down deep into another place,
Another time... somewhere else in space,
The peacefulness of the oceans waves,
No more gloomy newly dug graves.
A small aquarium takes me a long way,
You won't see me frown at all today,
No one to point out the world's troubles,
Just me and salty bubbles,
Beneath my man-made sea.
</B></I>
Nick

Breef
05/24/2001, 10:37 AM
Now the only problem is how to tear myself away from it and go out into that old world and find myself a job,to support my hobby.{and the rest of my fantasys.}

johnny
05/25/2001, 09:31 AM
Breef,

Don't...... move to the beach, live in a tent and live off the sea :D Ahh.... one day I'll be rich enough to live that dream (figure that one out ;) )

Nick

FishDaddy
05/25/2001, 10:05 AM
Nick,
"move to the beach, live in a tent and live off the sea "
I like the concept but I think a nice condo at the beach, with electricity for the reef tank; pc and internet; a slip for my sailboat; and a nearby supermarket would suit me better! :D
Dick:)

johnny
05/25/2001, 10:42 AM
yeah, but then you have to work during the day :( I think I could live without the internet and TV and pretty much everything else (don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to... but I COULD). Keep the boat and fishing tackle (to pay for gas collect corals/oysters/fish for food etc).

It can be done, but yeah I'd probably opt for the condo and ferrari also ;)

Nick

Breef
05/25/2001, 11:10 AM
Nick,are you from one of the south sea islands?Thats my dream,by the way did you see island?

johnny
05/25/2001, 11:25 AM
I wish! I'm a native new yorker.... :( I'm hoping once I graduate I can find a job somewhere on the coast.... east coast of course.

Nick

Breef
05/25/2001, 11:29 AM
Join the crowd buddy,I've been dreaming that dream for years now and the only thing that has stopped me is all the family roots and those are gradually dwindling in my old age.