PDA

View Full Version : There's fleas in my tank !!!!!

villious
05/23/2001, 08:16 PM
Not really fleas :-)

But there are VERY small "bugs" crawling all over the glass as well as the sand. There is a dead bristle worm and he is covered in these small bugs. I repeat, VERY small.

I've had my live rock curing in the tank for three weeks now and have never seen them. I did just add my sugar-size sand and one bag of NO "live" sand. Did the bugs come out of the NO sand?

Don't get me wrong, I think their cool. I just wondered why I havnt seen them until now?

Vill

Q-ball
05/23/2001, 08:24 PM
Bugs are good:D Generally they're referred to as pods. I suspect they came on your rock and you just didn't see em. Cool aren't they?

Q!!!

johnny
05/24/2001, 08:51 AM
yum yum yum..... at least that's what people's mandarins and other sand sifters/ "bug eaters" say :D

Nick

slojmn
05/24/2001, 09:57 AM
Wish I had that many bugs, my little mandarin is trying to get what he can. He seems to be filling out a bit, but I would love a ton of bugs in my tank :D.

SCRUBBER
05/25/2001, 12:41 AM
Without the "bugs" you would be missing a huge link in the chain. These guys are cooolllll to watch at night with a flashlight. If you can find some empty snail shells at the lfs it would be great! These tiny organism actually breed and reside in empty snail shells. Place the shells together in a cluster. Kinda like an appartment complex. It would be even better if you burry the snail shells in some substrait in the tank or refugium. Providing the best saftey for the bugs. If you decide to get a mandrin, sea horses, anthias, or scooter blenny, you have to have an abundance of these tiny little creatures. Not enough for a month either. ALOT! THis is their staple diet. Refugiums really help in providing a safe place for this type of production.

Grow coral in captivity. In 100 years its all gone!