PDA

View Full Version : Tank Crash Need Help

Frog02
09/13/2003, 12:14 AM
I have a 55 gal FOWLR tank and it has been up for about six months and doing awesome. Just recently we made a purchase of fish from a local dealer and since I have added the fish I had lost one fish a day starting with the most recently added fish.
I did a water test and everything had tested normal. (emporer 280 and seaclone 100)
At first I figure stress and just didn't adapt well, untill my other fish started dying included my long timers. There are no signs of them being ill at all. Then kabom they show up on the bottom dead or almost ready to die. I probably should have treated the tank early but there were no signs plus I have shrimp which are doing fine.
Just the other day the rest of the fish died and a few were still alive but white slime covered (fungus?). So I took them to my fish dealer who has a quarantine tank where only the foxface survived and the yellow tang he said had developed some white and black ick.

So my question is how can I save the tank. All that is left is some shrimp, starfish, snail, and hermitcrabs plus all the rock.
What should I do to the tank before I start to re add fish to my tank. I want to be sure whatever it is is not alive in my tank waiting for more fish and not in the rock.
PLEASE HELP thank you.

jarvis
09/13/2003, 12:56 AM
well you dont know exactly what type of disease it was. Your safest bet is to remain fishless a month or longer the better and do some water changes. Sounds like velvet to me. All your inverts will be fine in the tank.