PDA

View Full Version : Chicago stores

Wolverine
05/23/2001, 06:52 PM
My wife and I have a trip to Chicago coming up in the next couple weeks for a wedding. We probably won't have any free time, but just in case we do I thought I'd see if there are any stores people would suggest we go see.

Thanks,
Dave

Doug
05/23/2001, 07:21 PM
Hi Dave,

What part of Chicago are you going to be visiting?

Doug

Wolverine
05/23/2001, 08:57 PM
The wedding itself is in Naperville (which is good for us because it'll make the drive just a little bit shorter). Since we're driving up, luckily we will have a way to get around, if we have time to do it.

Dave

Reefer madness
05/23/2001, 09:37 PM
If you're going to be coming into Naperville, is it safe to assume that you will be driving in on Interstate 88? If so, I would recommend you stop at Rod's Reef in Dekalb on your way home. I've never been there but have heard great things about his corals and prices. The link is http://www.rodsreef.com
HTH,
Scott

Doug
05/23/2001, 10:00 PM
Hi Dave,

I just updated the Chicagoland Fish Stores on my site which will give you a couple of choices.

http://www.hawkfish.org

On the South Side out of the ones that I have visited Barrier Reef is my favorite.

On the North Side Reef Dweller is awesome.

The one that I would think is closest to Naperville is Advanced Aquatics which just moved there a few weeks ago. They had some nice corals and a few clams two weeks ago and he said that the SPS would be in two weeks after I visited.

HTH

Doug

Bobber
05/23/2001, 10:27 PM
Well, if you don't mind a little road trip, Living Seas Aquariums in Park Ridge is very worthwhile to stop in and check out. Their prices are a little on the high side, but, IMO, they are worth it. They have EVERYTHING-clams, acropora, bubbles, you name it, they got it. And if they don't, they can order it. HTH--Bob

Wolverine
05/25/2001, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys.

I have heard of Living Seas, and I'd like to go by there, but I don't think I'll be able to justify it for this trip; I'm pretty sure we just won't have enough time.

I'll just keep a map with the others and try to sneak over to one if we get a chance.

thanks,
Dave