PDA

View Full Version : White Circle On Head

justus
05/23/2001, 06:30 PM
A while back I purchased a coral beauty. When I got it home and put it in my reef I noticed a tiny white hair-looking thing on the side of his head. I then posted here and detirmined that the best course would be a fresh water dip to remove the parasite. The parasite dropped off after two minutes in fresh water.
Now the hair is gone but a white circle seems to be protuding from the same area. The spot seems to be growing as well. What should I do about this? He is eating and swimming fine otherwise.

billsreef
05/23/2001, 10:10 PM
Could be a secondary infection. I would suggest treating with a good antibiotic such as Nitrofuran or Maracyn II (SW version).

FMarini
05/23/2001, 10:52 PM
Hi:
the white circle sounds similar to what human experiences after being stung by wasps, bees, etc. Its is most likely a toxic effect and may be associated w/ a bacterial infection.
The drugs mentioned by Bill are both good broad spectrum antibiotic w/ good tissue solubility. Use the dose suggested on the package insert, and keep an eye out for the fish "looking sick" or at the least acting differently.
good luck
frank