PDA

View Full Version : Portland Oregon Reefers... Fellow Reefer needs help...

scopus
05/23/2001, 02:25 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am fairly new here and dont really know very many reefers, but really need to get to know some now!
I am going to have to move my 9 month old reef tank from Texas to Oregon. I have done as much asking as I possibly can and have come to the conclusion that I will not be able to just move everyone with me. I am really hoping to get to know some reefers in The Portland Oregon area. I guess that I will need some help with my critters ( keeping them for me for a time till I am set back up )
If anyone has any great ideas please let me know.
If needed I can post a list of all of my critters and such!
Thanks a bunch!

scopus
05/23/2001, 10:50 PM
Also forgot but was wondering if anyone knew of any good lfs there in the area and if so could share the info?
Thanks a bunch!

NaH2Ofreak
05/23/2001, 11:54 PM
Rick or Krissy,

I live in Portland. Always glad to help a fellow reefer!! I happen to know a couple other reefers also. My email is dennis4679@yahoo.com

Drop me a line!

Dennis

Frank
05/24/2001, 12:43 AM
Hello,
I live in portland and if you need any help just let me know what you, need email me. I will help how I can or get you in touch with someone that can. There are alot of great LFS up here.

greenlincoln
05/24/2001, 07:51 AM
I live in Portland and moved here from Houston. I would be glad to help you if I can. Cayes Pets, Waves, and Upscales are the three LFS where I shop. Email me and let me know how you are doing.

greenlincoln@home.com

Reef site:

http://www.geocities.com/greenlincolnlady2000

johnny
05/24/2001, 07:57 AM
you may want to ship your corals/fish to one of the reefers to house for your until you get your tank up there (that is if you can't take everything in one trip). Texas to portland is a long ways and you aren't going to want to make two trips :)

If you can make two trips, the best thing to do would be either to setup a tank now in portland so when you move everything you have a place to put your corals/fish while setting up your other tank... then use the temp one as a quarantine... or you can try to move everything at once... but it's a real PIA.

Good luck!

Nick

scopus
05/24/2001, 01:12 PM
Wow! Thanks so much to all of you for your great and fast replies! I am hoping that somehow with meeting plenty of oregon reefers that I will be able to somehow make this move somwhat smooth!
I have emailed all of you and am so greatful for any help!
Krissy

scopus
05/29/2001, 05:55 PM
Please help my lil critters!!!
I still have no one to take any of my corals or fish for my move.....please anyone in the area can you help me out???