PDA

View Full Version : Wellsophylia Brain Spewing Out Red Stuff. Please HELP!!!!

Stars360
05/22/2001, 10:58 PM
hi guys i just picked up a welsophylia brain yesterday. here is a whole thread about it already:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=23908

Well here is my question. i just took a look at it tonight after i got home and noticed that three out of the 5 mouths are spewing out some type of red stuff. and did not come out at all today it stayed the same size. please help me out guys i really dont want this coral to die...thanks so much

brian

p.s. i have not lost a coral yet, and am not planning on loosing this one..

Green Mariner
05/23/2001, 06:06 AM
stars360, sounds like nothing to worry about! It was probably doing 1 of 2 things, either it was going to the bathroom or releasing some of its symbotic algae to adjust to the new lighting in the tank. Occasionally you will see the fish eating that stuff!!
HTH

Stars360
05/23/2001, 10:19 AM
so you think that i should just let it run it's course. aprox how long untill he is used to my tank conditions, and lighting. So that he opens up fully. because i have had him for two days and he has not opend up at all. thanks so much

brian

ckeadle
05/23/2001, 10:22 AM
I would not worry too much, I have had my weso for a while and he still does that every once and a while.

Stars360
05/24/2001, 04:58 PM
hey guys just to give you an update . the brain looks the same although he is not spewing out the red stuff any more. He does not even "blow" up. he is the exact same size. is there anything tha i can do to better assist him. thanks so much

brian