PDA

View Full Version : seaslug-vs-aiptasia/ebz.com

es53
05/22/2001, 01:46 PM
Just this morning received my order of Berghia Nudibranchs from http://www.seaslug-vs-aiptasia.ebz.com (Berghia Breeders and Corals). Other than being a little surprised that they weren't a little bigger (and according to the enclosed information/instructions they will resume full size in 24-48 hours), I was very pleased with my order. The packaging was excellent and came with great instructions. Now if they're only as good at eating my aiptasia as everything I've read about them. :)

ashmiester
05/22/2001, 02:02 PM
Let us know how they do. I was going to order some from the same company a month back. I opted for 6 peppermint's. The peppermints have taken care of the 8-12 Aiptasia I had. The only drawback I had with the Berghia Nudibranches is that the guy I spoke to told me once all the Aiptisia are gone, so go your Nudibranhes. He told me they will only eat Aiptasia's and that's it.
I don't know how accurate he was on that statement, but since he breeds them I felt he out to know. Best of luck, Gary

Jack Toering
05/22/2001, 06:19 PM
The best results that I've ever had is Copper Band Butterflys. The only pests that will remain are the ones that they cannot get to, which will be few. They are a nice hardy reef fish. They do have one drawback. They will also eat your worms, which includes all of your feather dusters.

Jack

Hannibal
05/22/2001, 06:36 PM
I had a recent Aptasia outbreak.There were at least 10 - 12 growing in all different places. I dropped in 2 peppermint shrimp and have not seen an Aptasia in 2 weeks.

Brad Johnson
06/04/2001, 10:04 AM
es53,

Any updates here. I just got done with sand/lv on my new 120 and spotted a couple aptasia. Not in very reachable parts of the rock structure and I am not a fan of the peppermint approach. Would like to implement these guys as a quick erradication and long term prevention. Their site is not coming up. Hope they didn't go under, unless of course the slugs were crap.

http://www.seaslug-vs-aiptasia.ebz.com

--Brad

Clyde
06/04/2001, 11:44 AM
I ordered three breeding aiptasias (3 adults)

as I got some big #*(($ aiptasias :P

I plan to move my Brain coral that keeps receeding, becuase of a TINY aip I see on bottom, I cannot kill.

I plan to put in a 5 gallon tank for a few hours and 3 aips.

I m figgering out HOW my gl-1 camera can do time laspe photography

then I can see how long it takes :)

look for a report soon

es53
06/04/2001, 01:32 PM
Hi Brad. To be honest I haven't seen them since I put them in the tank. I'm hoping they are getting fat and sassy. :D I can't really tell yet if my aiptasia problem is being reduced. I have a couple of BIG suckers (aiptasia) that I've tried to kill by injecting them with boiling water, alk solution, etc, but they just won't die. I'm hoping they didn't eat the Nudi's (according to the instructions that came with the Nudi's, they eat aiptasia but aiptasia also eat them). (They're way too expensive to become aiptasia food!) I know this doesn't help much. I'll post another report if/when I see them again. (By-the-way, try their website again - I tried it and it worked.)

ReefDream
06/04/2001, 01:41 PM
Geez, es53, that sounds pretty bad. How would you like it if you were a slug that was destined to eat the same meal everyday, a meal that happens to eat YOU on occasion? What a life. :rolleye1: Maybe they have built-in Prozac production cells.

Clyde
06/05/2001, 01:05 PM
got my berghias today - all alive it apepars.

odd directions

DON’T DROP THEM ON AIPTASIA: Berghia eats Aiptasia, but Aiptasia eats Berghia too, Berghia make their living by sneaking up on their prey.

how do you sneak on an aiptasia ?