PDA

View Full Version : Internet and Telephone savings

Joez
05/22/2001, 12:53 AM
I've been despondent since my DSL provider went out of business, and no other company provides the service where I live.

Stuck in dial-up hell.

So I figured I'd save some money to console myself.

Attention K-Mart Shoppers! Now my ISP is a company that partners with K-Mart. Good service (free too!), but the only hitch is that you have to see the ads pop up. When you connect to the Internet, you are treated to a little video advertisement, then the audio "Attention K-Mart Shoppers" when you connect. Oh well, it's free.

For local toll and long distance, I switched to Bigredwire.com. 4 cents per minute anywhere in the continental U.S., no access numbers to dial, no PIN, and the clarity is the same as with the big guys.

Maybe you're looking for service replacements...

hartman
05/22/2001, 11:35 AM
Joez,

Try Juno, for only $4.95 a month you can get no ads. They might even have DSL in your area.

http://www.juno.com

Hartman

Joez
05/22/2001, 12:09 PM
Thanks Hartman. Juno doesn't do DSL there. You'd think I was in the back country, but I think the telecoms are having trouble just stringing telephone service to the growing area. A couple of providers offer wireless DSL, but you need to live in a line of site area to their transceivers.

hartman
05/22/2001, 12:15 PM
Joez,

Where you live town and state I can find the info for you.

Hartman

Joez
05/22/2001, 12:20 PM
Thanks Hartman,

I sent you an email with my address, social security number, etc.

Thanks!

hartman
05/22/2001, 06:32 PM
Joez,

Thanks your bank accounts are currently being drained. I have just removed all information proving you exist. The moving truck will be over soon to pick up your tanks.

Hartman

Joez
05/22/2001, 08:18 PM
Thanks! I was overwhelmed with the burden of earthly good anyway.