PDA

View Full Version : calcium reactor

tide
05/21/2001, 11:47 PM
I just set up a 300 gal reef tank. I have used calcium supplements and buffers in my previous small tank and had no problem. However, the cost and time of doing so, not to mention the challenge, in the large tank is proving costly. Does anyone have a recommendation for a Ca Reactor. Size, Vendor?

MrSandman
05/21/2001, 11:59 PM
2 types: Coralhound or Geo. Do a search for them on here and you'll find many threads. Send one of them an email and get on the waiting list. As for me, i have a Geo and couldn't be happier. Haven't tried a Coralhound one yet, but i hear they are just as good. Best thing i've ever purchased for a reef tank was a reactor. If i were to do it all over again, thats one thing i would definitely buy. HTH.

ckeadle
05/22/2001, 12:18 AM
I just got the Geo Reactor and couldn't be happier... I personally think it is better than the other commercially manufactured reactors out there.

I agree go with the Geo or the Coralhound(have not used it but it looks great and have heard nothing but good things about it)

fishpoo
05/22/2001, 04:30 AM
let me add to the plugs here. i got mine from Andy (can be reached at (myreef@aol.com.) very well made and a pleasure to do business with. all three of these craftsman, you can't go wrong.

pumpdogs
05/22/2001, 09:49 AM
I will second that.The my reef reactor works great.