PDA

View Full Version : SouthDown Sand, SE Michigan $9/OBO/bag DELIVERED!!!

Scleractinian
09/08/2003, 08:37 PM
DETROIT AREA SOUTHDOWN SAND FOR SALE!

I have several unopened bags of Southdown that I don't currently need.

$9/OBO/bag (which may become negotiable, ask or make an offer), DELIVERED.

A lower price may be negotiable for those buying multiple bags and picking up from my home in Novi/Walled Lake.

Free delivery only applies in western Oakland and eastern Livingston counties, and is at my discretion. If you're in Gregory, Hell, Troy, Royal Oak, etc.,--sorry.

If you're in Walled Lake, Novi, Highland, White Lake, Hartland, Howell, or Brighton-- Yay!

PayPal strongly favored, though COD (cash) possible if the logistics work for me. I will probably deliver only during the day (probably lunch hour or on the way home from my last location in the field), as I travel in the area daily.

Also selling hardware, including a large metering pump (perfect for top off, I'll get pics if there's interest), a four-channel 'Polystaltic' peristaltic pump, a 2x175w Coralife metal halide ballast set (in a black louvered steel box w/ power cord & switch- no lamps, lamp cables, sockets or reflectors included-- for the electrically handy only), a CPR SR6 skimmer, A Knop in-sump skimmer (w/ Maxi-Jet 1200 venturi conversion), etc.

PM or e-mail for details.

My eBay ID is the same as my RC ID: Perfect feedback.

If you'd be more comfortable using eBay, I'm open to it as well. I won't ship the sand, obviously, though I will consider shipping hardware.

Scleractinian
09/09/2003, 04:41 PM
I've had several inquiries about shipping the sand. I'm not willing to deal with that, and it's not worth the expense.

I have 5-6 bags that I'd like to get rid of soon ('cause I keep tripping over them), and about 35 more that I intend to use or sell in a couple of months.

Please read the post carefully. The Coralife ballasts are simply 2 175w, probably probe-start, MH ballasts (as would have been included w/ a Coralife 2x175w retrofit) in a louvered, black, steel enclosure w/ power cord and switch. No lamps, lamp cables, sockets, reflectors, or connectors. If you can wire the cords from the sockets to the pigtail (without frying yourself or starting a fire), then this might be a deal for you. If not, please look elsewhere.

ofblong
09/09/2003, 05:12 PM
at $9 a bag ill drive 30 minutes to a close by home depot from me and pay $6.99.

black74
09/09/2003, 05:32 PM
How Much for the knop in sump skimmer delivered to LA, CA 91304. What condition is it in.

Let me know

Scleractinian
09/09/2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ofblong
at $9 a bag ill drive 30 minutes to a close by home depot from me and pay $6.99.

Thanks!

BTW: What HD might that be? ;)

Please also note that I said that I would be willing to sell for less if someone picked up the sand. I'd probably settle for...hmmm... lemme see... the $6.99 a bag I that it cost me?

ofblong
09/09/2003, 07:11 PM
hehe whoops i did not mean to post that here. I had two pages open and read one and then combined them somehow hehe. Anyways the HD would be the one on 54thst in GR. sorry bout that confusion.

Scleractinian
09/09/2003, 07:18 PM
You could also get it from "Mike" (Yes, I know it's Mark). At The Reef Shop, if you're in Southwest MI (note the thread title, BTW).

I wonder what Mark's charging these days. I wonder if he delivers.

Scleractinian
09/09/2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by black74
How Much for the knop in sump skimmer delivered to LA, CA 91304. What condition is it in.

Let me know

It's dirty, it works, and I have no idea what it would cost to ship. Care to make an offer? I'm just trying to get rid of some stuff that I'm not currently using.

No reasonable offers insulted or laughed at. :)

ofblong
09/09/2003, 07:20 PM
last tiem i was in there mark was charging 9.99 a bag. yes i know its mark i dunno why i said mike in that other thread.

Scleractinian
09/09/2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ofblong
last tiem i was in there mark was charging 9.99 a bag. yes i know its mark i dunno why i said mike in that other thread.

Sorry if I seemed grumpy. I'm comin' down with somethin' (Maybe it's the MONKEYPOX!) and I'm feeling a bit loopy.

ofblong
09/09/2003, 08:45 PM
hehe dont worry bout it. I am just glad you noticed that i put mike instead of mark. at least someone wont send mike an e-mail instead of mark. at least i hope not.

ellisd
09/09/2003, 09:30 PM
Any details on the metering pump? Like how large, and how much?

Thanks

beemer
09/09/2003, 09:43 PM
how much are you looking to get for the CPR skimmer?
Thanks
Jerod

Scleractinian
09/10/2003, 04:26 PM
I'm trying to find the manual (I saw it yesterday, so I know it's here) so I can give exact dimensions, but...

Here you go (roughly):

It's about 16" long by 7" wide by 8" tall.
Adjustable via pulse frequency and stroke length from 0-20 gallons per HOUR (not per day like the smaller versions of this type of pump). 20psi. Also provisions for electronic, external control (if you're handy, specs and pinout are in the manual, which I'm still looking for, might be controllable by PC or low-current float switch).

'Systematic' brand, by Luft Instruments.

The pump is heavy, I'd estimate 30lbs+, and would need a large, well padded box to ship, so shipping cost could be high.

Originally posted by ellisd
Any details on the metering pump? Like how large, and how much?

Thanks

Scleractinian
09/10/2003, 04:27 PM
Prices? Make me an offer. I haven't really researched the value of this stuff lately, just clearing out equipmrnt I'm not currently using.

Scleractinian
09/21/2003, 09:48 AM
4 bags still available... same terms. Make an offer.