PDA

View Full Version : Critique my tank

hesaias
05/21/2001, 09:36 PM
Tell me what I need to do, besides add more actinic light.
Here is a full tank view, see my webpage for the specs. Im really just looking for animal suggestions, or aqua scaping input, I really dont wanna add more hardwars.
Thanks!
http://reefsouth.homestead.com/files/images/bbimages/Mvc-020f.jpg

SPC
05/21/2001, 09:50 PM
Scott, your tank looks great from the plumbing down. I have a personal problem with alot of exposed plumbing. If it were me I would try to build the rocks up on the ends to hide some of that. I know alot of people have power heads and such exposed like this, but to me it looks like a lab experiment. Again, this is just my opinion, it looks like you put alot of work into your tank.
Steve

hesaias
05/21/2001, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the input. Yeah, the PVC looks real unnatural to me too. I just cant seem to get good water movement any other way. What else works good?

Joez
05/21/2001, 10:58 PM
How about open brains for more color?

The pictures are beautiful! So nice and clean and well organized!

johnny
05/22/2001, 08:37 AM
How about taking out the rock in the middle of the tank, between the pile on left and pile on right, and using it to make a "bridge" between the two piles? That will give you a more "open" look to your tank and make it look much larger.

I'll agree with the plumbing too... maybe you can mount your powerheads in your canopy and run plumbing lines into the tank from them?

Nick

ixbx
05/22/2001, 08:52 AM
Hey, how about a sump with a good strong return pump, then you can hide the heater in it, ditch a couple of the power heads, just my 2 cents. :)

Staceon
05/22/2001, 08:55 AM
Hi,

Aim some powerheads or instal some type of surface skim to get rid of all the junk thats collecting.:)

hesaias
05/22/2001, 10:37 AM
I was thinking the bubbles on the water add that "seafoam" look :D
Thats usually not there, as I have surface ajitation from both sides of the tank. It does look crummy though.

I dont have the sump thing, but thats slated for the near(read when I get the money) future.

Power heads in the canopy? Hmmmmmm.... thats a cool Idea! I use maxiJets, so they should be okay out of the water, right?

Open brain was on the wish list. Red or Green? I seem to have alot of brown/reddish color. But those blood red brains are awesome.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Pinkskunk
05/22/2001, 11:24 AM
I too think the plumbing look too bulky. You need to do something with that.

Add 40 more pieces of corals and you are set.

slimytadpole
05/22/2001, 11:33 AM
Yo could rearrange the rock-work to create bridges and open areas. That would make the rock-work look better and give you the opportunity to hide quite a bit of the plubing. You may need a few more rocks to do it, though.