PDA

View Full Version : PC MODS.com

hwynboy
09/08/2003, 07:09 PM
OMG where do I begin this treacherous tale? I saw a great post on ordering cathodes from them for moonlights. I called to order 2 12 inch blue cathodes and a power supply. Well they told me they were out of the power supply, there would be a week delay on it. I said no problem. Two weeks later I call up and OH THERE IS THE POWERSUPPLYS...we will send it out.ok great =\

So I get the package, I get two 4 inch cathodes hmmm....I call up and work with a guy named Steven he said he would help me out...he will send me an RMA since he messed up my order. I was like cool. It took over another week to get the RMA calling EVERYDAY and leaving a message, and or talking to Steven and STILL unable to get the RMA label to return the cathodes.

Finally I get the RMA label and sent it back. Well a couple days ago I called up, it has been almost 6 weeks since my initial order and almost 3 weeks since I returned the 2 cathodes. I talked to Steven again after trying for 4 days straight leaving many messages. He said they received the package. I asked when had it been shipped out...oops it hasn't what a surprise. I asked could he take care of it immediately? He said sure no problem.

Then yesterday I get an email from PCMODS.com saying that I need to pay for the shipping for the item to be sent out to me. I said are you kidding me I have to PAY because you guys messed up my order? no way. I said I will be posting on my reef forum boards where many reefers will read about my experience. To that I got another email stating Slander is a federal offense. I about fell out of my chair laughing. I said slander may be that, but what I am sharing is the TRUTH. Truth is NOT slander. anyhow I think that company has issues and just wanted to pass on my slander...errr truths about the company in question.

I personally will NEVER do business with them again.

fade2black
09/08/2003, 08:54 PM
Use http://www.svc.com for great deals on CCFL.

Fade

MarkS
09/09/2003, 12:40 AM
Slander is a Federal offense! LOL It's civil, not criminal. Try telling them that taking someone's money, but not delivering the goods is theft. And since this crossed state lines, a felony...

Rendos
09/09/2003, 01:54 PM
I am not defending PC MODS.com by any means, but I have ordered from them on several occassions and had excellent service and products. I have also ordered from SVC.com and had the same good service and products from them. Sorry to hear they messed up so bad on your order.
P.S. if you are ordering CCFL's for moonlights, let me suggest the LED's available from the same online PC parts stores. They are a lot smaller and are super bright, and use almost no power.
Do these not look alost exactly like the BlueLine Moonlights? These are from SVC.com and are $5.99. The AC power supply for these is $12.99.
http://store6.yimg.com/I/svcompucycle_1757_14380712

Brad A.
09/09/2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll stay away from Pc mods.com

Elmo18
09/09/2003, 11:44 PM
Got 4 fans from them for my new 29 gallon prop tank. Nothing but perfect, but still it sucked because i ordered 2 fans (Titans120 mm) for 4.99 each and 2 80 mm LED blue fan lights for moonlight effect. The shipping was 9 bux...sigh.

Shipping a bit on the high side for such light items. Oh well, the fans were cheap.

I'm sorry about that Hwynboy. I hope they will make it right.

- Elmo

mirski57
09/10/2003, 02:48 PM
Same hear...never again...that is..If I can at least get my first order straightened out.

Made my order on July 28.
Finally shipped 2 1/2 weeks later Aug 13th.
Both cathodes totally smashed to pieces upon arrival.
another 3 weeks later...finally get an RMA number. Sept 2nd. Plus "I" have to pay return shipping for the buster cathodes ? what's up with that ?

Mirski57

hwynboy
09/10/2003, 03:48 PM
Ill tell you whats up with that...I told them to go screw. They ended up paying for the shipping. What a terrible experience for me I know what you went through too. You should have told them to pay for it. Hope your first order works out now.

hwynboy
09/11/2003, 07:20 PM
friendly bump for others to see........=)

hwynboy
09/12/2003, 11:41 PM
NOw for the update what a bunch of well...I can't say it here. I got my order finally and I got one red cathode and one blue....are you kidding me I ordered 2 blues. I give up Im not even going to call them back I will have less moonlight. forget it.

glaudds
09/13/2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by hwynboy
NOw for the update what a bunch of well...I can't say it here. I got my order finally and I got one red cathode and one blue....are you kidding me I ordered 2 blues. I give up Im not even going to call them back I will have less moonlight. forget it.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, what a PITA!
FWIW, I ordered some stuff from them a couple of months back and got what I ordered within a week. Who knows?
I've got two blues and a red wired into my canopy. You could use your red one for nighttime stealth viewing. Lemonade from lemons!