PDA

View Full Version : E-ballast 400w connectors

JRF
05/21/2001, 06:11 PM
Hi.
Anyone know which color connector goes where on the ballast? The diagram on the ballast is very confusing to me. Color are Green, Black, White.
Thanks
JRF

bajathree
05/21/2001, 07:13 PM
White is nuetral, black is hot, green is ground.

JRF
05/21/2001, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the info, I realize what the colors refer to but the ballast is not labelled so I need to know what color goes where on the ballast. Thanks again.
JRF

Frisco
05/21/2001, 08:16 PM
There should be a sticker on the bottom side of the ballast that shows the layout. The think that the newer ballasts (400W at least) have a different plug layout compared to the original ones that came out last year - what are the dimensions of the black metal case? On the newer ones that I have, the ground cable is connected opposite to the power cable that leads to the wall. HTH

JRF
05/21/2001, 08:53 PM
The ballast is small, less than a foot long and about 5 inches high and wide. The Ac wall plug is on one end and the three connector plugs are on the opposite end. the diagram on the back makes no sense to me! This is a brand new ballast.

zep
05/21/2001, 10:16 PM
JRF,

Hi, I have six e-ballasts and none come with a wireing label so I know exactly what you are going through. I can't remember exactly which go where and they are at my shop so I can't check them until tomorow. I wouldn't mind checking for you and writing back tomorrow but you might just do what I did to figure it out. I tried different combinations untill it worked with no adverse affects.

Hannibal
05/21/2001, 11:44 PM
Champion Lighting supposedly sells a ton of those ballasts. You might try giving them a call and ask what is what.

http://www.championlighting.com/

JRF
05/22/2001, 07:59 PM
Hi all,
Yep, I actually figured it out last night. Green in line with the AC power cord, black in the middle, white on other end. Thanks for all the info, though.
JRF