PDA

View Full Version : Reef Books?

TimT
05/20/2001, 11:09 AM
I have many Marine Aq books, Now that (said I never would) am getting into Reef, I need books. My Questions what are some of the best all around reef books? and coral book, like ID corals what to feed, when to feed, proper care, Ect... also where the least$$$ to buy them? Thanks, Tim

Planoi
05/20/2001, 11:37 AM
Borneman's book is the best I have seen yet. Complete in details and captive care infos. Lots of pictures.

TimT
05/20/2001, 11:40 AM
The name??

LgIslandreefers
05/20/2001, 11:55 AM
I love "Natural Reef Aquariums(simplified approaches to creating living saltwater microcosms) by John H.Tullock. I paid $29.95 at Borders 2 years ago. It's a pretty complete book !. I'm still refering to it regularly.However if you want a book with reALLY DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT ALL TYPES OF CORALS, you will need to buy another book to complement Tullock.I need one too :D

Duncanmurf
05/20/2001, 12:41 PM
Tim,
If you really want to understand reef aquariums, then I would suggest "The Modern Coral Reef Aquariums" by Fossa & Nilsen vol 1-3. The language may be a bit overstated, but all in all a great set which will get you on your way with a solid foundation to build upon. HTH.

Tropical Paradise
05/20/2001, 05:24 PM
TimT:

It's called "Aquarium Corals" by Eric H. Borneman" published by Microcosm books.