PDA

View Full Version : Getting started(hooking up the lifereef)

Bamm Bamm
07/10/2000, 08:32 PM
How do I hook up my lifereef overflow and get the syphon started so I don't overflow mt tank??Dan

Sea Dragon
07/10/2000, 10:32 PM
Hang the overflow on the side of the tank and hook up the drain line from it to the sump. Put the u-tube in there and fill both sides with water. Then insert a length of airline tubing into the outflow side of the u-tube and suck the air out of it, drawing the water through the tube from the tank side to the outside. This will prime the overflow.

Then your ready to turn on the pump. Be prepared to turn off the pump if the overflow doesn't drain.

Bamm Bamm
07/10/2000, 11:08 PM
Thanks, I am gonna get it all going tommorow when I ghet home from work...Dan

FishWish
07/11/2000, 05:10 AM
Same advise as SD, I have found it easier to insert the airline into the U tube alittle past the u tubes apex prior to inserting the u tube in place. Once it is in place just tug the airline a bit to get the end which is inside of the u tube to be positioned at its apex..then suck away.
Please to make sure that there is water enough in the inside and the outside of the siphon box, so that both ends of the u tube once in place are submerged in water..hth..David