PDA

View Full Version : I really wanna know what this is...

redhdmedic
09/02/2003, 11:22 PM
I noticed it 2 nights ago in my reef. The rock it is in has been there for 2 years, but it could have migrated from elsewhere. Appears similar to your standard bristleworm, however it is seriously bright red. My pic is really crappy, sorry about that...must buy new digi, but wanna spend the cash on my tanks! The red is about the same color as the stripes on a cleaner shrimp. It almost looks similar to a brittle star arm, but I swear its a worm...Any ideas on what it is? I've researched Dr. Ron's articles, wetwebmedia, and RC...nothing really looks like it that I've found so far. Sure hope you guys and your absolutely infinite wisdom can help! As always, thanks a bunch!

Carrie

tanker
09/03/2003, 12:29 AM
Looks like "Terebellid" --Spaghetti worm.

redhdmedic
09/03/2003, 12:41 AM
I have several spaghetti worms...they usually keep the body in the tube and send out their feeders...this really doesn't look anything like those...I know it s a really crappy pic...hopwfully I'll get a better pic....just put my trap in hopefully I'll catch him and run him straigh to Jim...our friendly neighborhood biologist...Thanks so much!

Carrie