PDA

View Full Version : Reef Central Chat

MiNdErAsR
05/18/2001, 10:03 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that Reef Central has a chat room (#ReefCentral) on Xnet. Instructions for downloading and installing an IRC client for Windows OS' can be found at http://www.mirc.com and a list of servers can be found at http://www.xnet.org Mac users can use Ircle.

Looking forward to chatting with you. See you there!

6-line
05/18/2001, 11:34 PM
MiNdErAsR,

When the ebbing tide retreats along the rocky shoreline, it leaves a trail of tidal pools-- a short lived galaxy
Each microcosmic planet a complete society ....
A simple kind of mirror to reflect upon our own...All the busy little creatures, chasing out their destinies...living in their pools they soon forget about the sea......
well, you know the rest.
Had to salute another Peart/Rush fan...;)

MiNdErAsR
05/19/2001, 07:59 AM
:D

drillingcycle
05/19/2001, 01:13 PM
Cool! finally a chat room on reef central. Too bad I cant get it to work. Can somebody please tell me how connect to reef central on Mirc?

Carlos
05/19/2001, 07:14 PM
Here are the instructions:

http://www.reefcentral.com/chat/Default.htm

You can also get more detailed instructions from reefs.org.
Just substitute #reefs for #reefcentral and it will work.

http://www.reefs.org/access/mirc.html

HTH,

Carlos

Nagel
05/19/2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 6-line
MiNdErAsR,

When the ebbing tide retreats along the rocky shoreline, it leaves a trail of tidal pools-- a short lived galaxy
Each microcosmic planet a complete society ....
A simple kind of mirror to reflect upon our own...All the busy little creatures, chasing out their destinies...living in their pools they soon forget about the sea......

Excellent tune!!!!!! Awesome album as well, very underrated though. Incredibly lyrically complex, and to think that they sang all of those words... still amazes me, though the last time they toured i was disappointed. I first caught them on Presto tour, and that was great. The T4E tour used more automation and midi tracks and I just was not as impressed.

just my $.o2

jimhobbs
05/19/2001, 10:24 PM
I'll swap this one to the lounge; since that's what we do over there, "CHAT";)

jimhobbs
05/20/2001, 11:49 AM
I went in to cut and paste part of it in my reply; and ended up deleting it:D...Brain damage, I guess;)

Anyhow
here's the cut and paste

Hmm. Your dating yourself Jim. hehehe. I would have loved to have seen that tour, but since I was like 5 or 6 years old I wasn't into music then. If I remember correctly, moving pictures was in the late 70's.

Oh PLEASE!:D
It was the year 1981!...I was a graduate of the class of 1982; and went with three other members of my senior class...Even at the peak of the Moving Pictures album sales, the concert hall in B'ham was only 3/4 full...To my knowledge, they haven't been back{I may be wrong about that}...They still put on the same excellent show, as I ended up with a video copy of the same tour in my personal collection:D

Sheesh,
Make me sound like a dionsaur, or somthing!:D

ByTor
05/20/2001, 07:21 PM
Way cool!!!! Reef'N Rush fans!!!!!!!!!! My first show was A Farwell to Kings...and the rest is history....I havent missed a tour since:D

Doug1
05/20/2001, 08:09 PM
Make each sensation a little bit stronger,
Make each moment a little bit longer
:D

Nagel
05/21/2001, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by jimhobbs

Sheesh,
Make me sound like a dionsaur, or somthing!:D

hehe, and I feel old at times, and to think I was in Kindergarten in 1979.... Just 3 years before the MP tour. That makes me the class of 1991, 9 short years after hehehe.

Ahh, shows you how long they've continued to attract fans, especially since I only got into them in 1988 or so when I started playing bass. Presto was 1990 I think. Back then they really didnt use midi sequences or computer assistance. On the T4E tour there was much use of this technological wizardry, much to my dismay. What sold me on them in the first place was the amazing diversity, and the fact that only 3 people could honestly play the instruments of 5 on stage. Geddy jammin on the keys and playing the bass lines with the taurus pedal and singing counts for three. Alex would occasionally pick up on the taurus pedals or the keyboards, and this amazed me, even in the Presto tour, this is how it was done. On T4E, well, they cheesed out. Plenty of the keyboard lines were played by a sequencer when none of the band members were even remotely near a keyboard. Mr. Peart always has my respect, but Geddy and Alex made it easy on themselves, and that made it somewhat robotic, and inflexible. Ahh, 25 years will do that to a band I guess, eventually they wanna make it easier on themselves, and we certainly know they can afford it (always sell out the continental airlines arena aka brendan byrne arena).
They're still a good band, but T4E went kinda grunge, like the rest of the industry, and thats just not Rush.

just my .o2

signu459
05/22/2001, 03:05 PM
Hey I almost forgot about the chat..... Well really I have been very very busy- hope to catch up to you guys soon.