PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Clown Behaviour

dmck
09/02/2003, 10:34 AM
I have a maroon clown who exhibits somewhat unusual behavour: when the actinics (only) are on, he/she descends to the middle of the aquarium, and acts more or less "normally", taking food (although it won't travel far to get it), and swimming in the current. When the MH is on, the fish swims frenetically at the top and against the back glass (reflection????)...I don't have a background but the tank is against a wall...also, when in this mode, the food pretty well has to pass right under its nose to be eaten. Is this common? Or should I be doing something. I have resisted the urge/temptation to add either new friends or anemones, as my tank is only about 4 months old. Any advice/anecdotes would be welcome....

EdKruzel
09/02/2003, 11:27 AM
It is most likely the reflection. Can you slip a background between the glass and the back wall?

4mths is a bit early, however if you have the experience you may wish to try a medium bulle tip anemone.
The anemone should be at least three times the size of the fish, and fed often (3-4x's per week) fresh seafood.

Good Luck,
Ed

dmck
09/02/2003, 01:07 PM
I had intended to add a background, but was waiting...it was my first guess too.