PDA

View Full Version : peppermint shrimp vs. pseudochromis

timmaay
09/02/2003, 10:05 AM
I bought a peppermint shrimp yesterday, and put it in my tank. My pseudochromis doesn't like him. I'm affraid he might be killed. but everyone I have asked says the pseudochromis just wants the peppermint shrimp to leave. Should i leave the peppermint shrimp in the tank, and maybe they will get use to each other??? or, should I take the shrimp out???

Agu
09/02/2003, 11:22 AM
ime pseudochromis will eventually kill and eat ornamental shrimp. I had a small pseudo with a large fire shrimp, they got along fine for about a year then one day the pseudo developed a tast for shrimp :mad: . After doing some checking I discovered that is normal. One of them has to go................

Agu

Dz99ls
09/02/2003, 03:52 PM
my cleaner shrimp has just disapeard over 1yr in the same tank with a flame hawk all the sudden i have not seen the shripm in over a week :(

victorology
09/02/2003, 03:56 PM
yes, i believe he will kill and eat your shrimp. that's what happened to me. i had two peppermint shrimp in my tank to eat aiptasia but they were both gone after a while.

Dougroberson
09/02/2003, 04:18 PM
I bought 5 peppermint shrimp to clear aiptasia out of my refugium about a week and a half ago. At first, I thought that one had molted and was getting out of it's skin. No such luck. The big one is a cannibal. I ended up putting him in the display tank but there is only one left in the fuge and he doesn't like the taste of aiptasia. I'll probably get more of the shrimp and a syringe (to inject lemon juice into the boogers).