PDA

View Full Version : Making Claim with FedEx

Denzo
09/01/2003, 08:30 PM
I got an order from one of the online vendors, a sponsor of RC, last week. Evidently, The box was dropped and the bottom of the cardboard box was soaking. When I opened the cardboard box, one side of the styrofoam box inside was completely broken off. One of the bags containing a colony was completely empty. I hurried that coral into my sump. I do not know how the coral will turn out, but it was broken off some approximately 40%. I took pictures with my digicam of the entire ordeal.

My question is: Should I make a claim with Fed-Ex? or should I let the vendor make the claim. Can I trust the vendor if they get anything from Fed-Ex that they will pass it on to me?

Thanks,
John

holeinone1972
09/01/2003, 09:20 PM
Did you say anything to the driver when it was delivered to you?

Claims with shipping companies need to be filed with from the shipper.

So call your vendor and ask for help. I do not think there is much that can be done though.

The shipping company could have not even delivered it, because of the wetness, so you are lucky it even got delivered.

Best of luck, Rob

Denzo
09/01/2003, 09:30 PM
Yes, i made the driver made a note regartding the bottom being extremely soaked. But I will let the vendor know. Thanks for the reply.