PDA

View Full Version : Closing a club forum.

Will
08/30/2003, 09:49 PM
Hey John and other admins,
I'm the web guy for Columbia Marine Aquarium Club here in Columbia, SC. We've done some major updates on our site, including adding a gallery, forum, etc. To get the participation up on our forum, is there any way we could close or lock our forum here and leave only one thread called "READ THIS FIRST" or something similar pointing to our new forum? We don't really want to close our forum here because we probably get a substantial number of members from people browsing here. Is that a possibility? We wouldn't want to do it right away as there are still a couple of bugs to work out on our own site, but we were thinking about setting a date some time after MACNA. What do you think? Thanks!
-Will Wooten
http://www.columbiamarineaquariumclub.org

Will
09/02/2003, 07:46 PM
^

JohnL
09/02/2003, 07:58 PM
Sure, no problem.

gregt
09/02/2003, 07:59 PM
Why not just leave the forum open and invite those that post in it to your club site? We can sticky an announcement thread for you if you'd like.

Will
09/03/2003, 01:52 PM
Thanks John and Greg. I'll get in touch when we actually plan to do this. Greg, the reason we want to actually close it is so that we can get all of our club discussion in one place. We've tried what you suggested, but it's been hard to get the traffic up at the other site with people used to the one here (and still posting in the one here). Thanks again, and I'll be in touch soon. :D
-Will