PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted an opinion on adding more fish to my tank.

iozomatli
08/30/2003, 02:15 AM
I currently have 15 gallon tank with a clown and a wrasse in there. I was wondering if I could add 2 blue chromis to the tank. Any thoughts about this welcomed.

Triggeraddict
08/30/2003, 09:07 AM
The Clown and Damsels would fight in such small quarters (they will fight in general but it is constant in small quarters). I would just leave it at the two fish for the 15. Hope this helps!

Sting
08/30/2003, 11:05 AM
I'd say you might be able to add another fish- just not Blue Chromises. Check out the different types of smaller fish- you may find one that you like even better. Good choices would be along the lines of a Clown Gobie, or something like a small Jawfish. Check them out!

iozomatli
08/30/2003, 02:57 PM
I was thinking of adding a larger fish to my tank, because I currently have 2 small fishes and would like a larger fisih, something that goes from 3-4 inches be a possibility ?

lllosingit
08/30/2003, 03:12 PM
I don't know what kind of Clown or Wrasse you have? But I'm pretty certian they will grow to length of 3 or 4 inches or larger.
When you stock a tank you don't go by the size of the fish when you buy it, you go by the size it will will become.
15 gallons is a very small tank, I wouldn't recommend any medium or large fish I would stick with small.
How about a Fire Fish?

technoshaman
08/30/2003, 05:27 PM
In your sig it says Saddleback clown - neat but kind of mean as they grow up in my experience - they have sharp teeth :).

The possum wrasses are pretty low key and spend a lot of time in the rockwork - I'd double check but I don't remember them getting more than 3" generally. I'd get a smaller fish that sticks closer to the bottom - a goby would be great, a blenny might work too - look for one from the Escenius genus like a midas or bicolor. They are relatively peaceful but can hold their own with most damsels/clowns in my experience.

I would say 3 small fish would be about the limit on a 15 gallon - not a whole lot of medium type fishes that would work long term.

iozomatli
08/30/2003, 06:24 PM
Yeah, my Saddle is really agressive, hovering over my frogspanw and takes out everyone who comes to the front of the tank, whether it's my wrasse or my shrimps. And yes, my wrasse is mainly in the rockwork most of the time. So I would like to get a fish that would roam around more out in the open.

iozomatli
08/31/2003, 01:14 AM
Any ideas? I would like a fish that would be swimming around more near the top of the tank.

gonzach
08/31/2003, 03:01 PM
Try one of the pygmy angels... Bicolor angel or Coral Beauty... make sure you get some live rock and the tank is 6 months or more old!

Triggeraddict
08/31/2003, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't add any more fish. The tank is only 15 gallons and the Clown will get 3.5 inches and the wrasse will get two inches. You should really only have one fish in a 15 but since you already have two don't add any more. You said that the Clown was already aggressive so why add another fish that will constantly be sick from the Clowns harrassment? A 15 is to small for an adult Coral Beauty or Bicolor. Scott Michael recommends absolute minimum of 20 gallons for one but that is minimum. Anyway, do what you want but for the fishes sake just keep it at two fish. Hope this helps.

johnrags1234
08/31/2003, 09:05 PM
If you have toadd anpother, get a firefish

iozomatli
09/01/2003, 02:45 AM
Ah okay thanks, it helps!