PDA

View Full Version : how long before ithey sart moving?

mista_flicksta
08/29/2003, 05:27 PM
I bought 3 turbo grazers, and 2 astreas, I took them home and they where attached to the side of the bag outside of the water, so I removed them from the side and put them back in the water(still in the bag) then I put the bag in the tank and let it sit for about 10 minutes. then I took 1 Tbsp of tank water every 5 minutes for 1 1/2 hours. I unattached the snails from the bag and placed some in the sand bed and some directly on the LR. Its been about 30min and I see no movement in the snails.

How long until they start moving?

Parameters are:
ph 8.2
Ammnia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
alk 1.024

hystrix
08/29/2003, 05:42 PM
usually they will move right away. If they are stressed they may take several hrs.

tooshay
08/29/2003, 05:44 PM
Mine didn't move for almost an entire day. I thought they had died stuck to the glass, but they all eventually got down to business. If they are not doing well, they usually fall off the glass.

bkwudzjeep
08/29/2003, 05:49 PM
Mine kept still for a major part of a day, after acclimating and adding to the tank.
They were Nassarius snails.....they just rolled around in the bag when I opened the package up....thought they were dead....they are all fine now.

this is me
08/29/2003, 06:26 PM
mine moved almost rite away. about 5 minutes.

Angelofish
08/29/2003, 06:28 PM
The snails in my tank are more active after the lites are off.

Steve175
08/29/2003, 07:09 PM
Variable in my experience. Can take up to 24h (duration contributed to by how different your SW is from that at the LFS). No worries -> check them in the morning. Steve.

mista_flicksta
08/30/2003, 09:59 AM
Well the snails still have not moved, so it seems to me that I will be taking a trip to the LFS, and go aheand and get the lawnmore blenny,I wanted a bicolor blenny but It would take two weeks for it to come, and the alge is already taking over my tank. Thanks for the replys

Erik

tooshay
08/30/2003, 10:09 AM
Just be prepared that a Lawnmower might not eat algae. Mine never, ever eats algae like he is supposed to. He gobbles up all the meaty foods that I feed my fish, but no algae. It is a good thing he is the cutest fish in my tank, or back to the LFS he would have gone:)