PDA

View Full Version : Xm 10k

tpeterson70
08/29/2003, 03:25 PM
I need to replace my MH bulbs and was looking into the XM 10K. Right now I have the 250W Iwasaki's and am not happy with them. I kept them for a year and now I want 10K. I was looking at Ushio or AB 10K for $89.00 at HelloLights.com when I saw the add for the XM 10K for $65.00. This is about the same price as the Iwasakis; just coincidence?
Are the XM bulbs the same quality as the Ushio / AB's?
Are they the same actual color range when fired by a Magnetek F-can ballast.
Or are they closer to the discount Iwasaki's?

robertm1357
09/04/2003, 05:21 PM
They are brand new and I don't know anyone that has had them for a long period of time. Anyone??? I know someone had to tests these out right? Or, are we the ginny pigs? I'm also loking at a new bulb soon. I have been using 2x250w Iwasakis for a year and a half. Good SPS growth and coloration. So far I'm sticking with them unless someone can change my mind.

Capt Joe
09/04/2003, 06:16 PM
The XM 10k's are a very good bulb for the money. I have been running them for about 7 weeks, and so far so good. They are about the same brightness of a Ushio. The XM 20K bulbs are very good bulbs for the money, I have been running these for 6 months and they are more reliable then Radiums. I just installed new Coral Vue bulbs and so far these are awesome. Much brighter and "more crisp" than the Ushio. Also, the manufacturer is very easy to work with. If you want more info on these bulbs, PM me and I will tell all....

inreef.com