PDA

View Full Version : Lepord Wrass

Fache
08/29/2003, 12:52 PM
Hello, I was wondering if anybody had any behavioral experience with a Lepord wrass, I bought him 2 1/2 days ago, and I have not seen him since. I know that wrasses usually hide in the sand bed, but is it normal for him to be in that long without food, do I feed him the same as my other fish (Flake). Any feed back would be great!

BrianD
08/29/2003, 01:23 PM
It is not unusual for a leopard wrasses to hide for days without eating.

As for feeding, he will appreciate meaty foods at first to become accustomed to aquarium fare. Leopards have a fairly small mouth, so give him food that he can easily consume.

They are very poor shippers and have an extremely high mortality rate in captivity. As a reminder, you should always research the requirements of your fish prior to purchase.

Brian

Mako
08/29/2003, 01:45 PM
Here is a good article on Leopards from our online Mag. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-07/hcs3/index.htm

Fache
08/29/2003, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the quick reply and the information.
Brian - thanks for the advise, point well taken!

Doug Piranha
09/01/2003, 11:37 PM
I just got a leopard Wrass and he bury's himself at 6:30 pm no matter what. By 7am he is up and at it again.

Mine eats Mysis shrimp like they are going out of style and he has just moved on to brine shrimp and is starting to hit flake.

Try mysis if he won't eat anything else.

Hope he show his head soon.