PDA

View Full Version : cleaner gobie and fire fish info

Mr.Jingles
08/28/2003, 03:16 PM
how big do they get, what do they eat, will they bother a jaw fish, do they have any special needs? or whatever else you feel like telling me is fine. thanks.

Proxymoron
08/28/2003, 08:09 PM
Only have two neon gobies (Gobisoma oceanops) so can't help with the fire fish.

The neon gobies are pretty cool. I have two, and although I have a 110g tank, one still gets chased around by the other occasionally (they were introduced at the same time but unfortunately not mated pair).

They eat just about anything I feed the other fish.

They are about an inch in length.

Dixie

Mr.Jingles
08/31/2003, 03:54 PM
bump...

where are the relpies?

EdKruzel
08/31/2003, 05:26 PM
Slow down Mr Jingles, help is here.

Both species you mention are fine tank mates for the jawfish.

Only one firefish per tank is recommended unless the tank is large and has many crevices. Even mated pairs will eventually fight.

Neon Gobies (yellow or blue) do best in small groups. Mated pairs are fine also, but if you have two dominant males then you have a constant show of force for territory.

Both species will eat a variety of foods. Prepared foods such as formula 1 & 2 are excellent.

These are very docile so be sure not to add any large or aggressive species such as pseudochromis in the same tank.

Take Care,
Ed

Mr.Jingles
08/31/2003, 08:53 PM
could I add a percula or an ocolerus? clown fish that is. I dont know how to spell.

TrippingBilly
09/01/2003, 12:23 AM
Yes, they will be fine.
TB

JonL
09/01/2003, 10:46 AM
I've got a fire fish and a lryetail athins.
My fire fish dosen't come out of his hole much anymore
I gonna get rid of the anthins.
has anybody tried firefish with other anthins

Tarasco1
09/01/2003, 01:07 PM
I had a pair of firefish with an anthias. The firefish were generally shy, I only really saw them when it was feeding time. Move too fast, and they went darting for their hole. I got a hippo tang after, who was a really aggressive feeder, and made life tough for the firefish, and I think they eventually starved to death. So be prepared if you have aggressive fish.