PDA

View Full Version : tankmate selection advice???

boonz
08/28/2003, 12:26 PM
i have in my 20g reef tank an inch sixline wrasse and i'm leaning towards a one firefish goby or royal gramma basslet for a tankmate, please advice.

WFPetrie
08/28/2003, 01:57 PM
Personally, I'd lean towards the gramma. The firefish could be intimidated by the 6-line if it's feeling pugnacious as it darts around the tank.

Mariner
08/28/2003, 02:05 PM
I like the gramma too, but I don't have experience keeping one with either of the fish you mention. I wonder how the gramma and sixline will get along since both like the same kind of territory and swimming area (i.e. in and out of the rock work)?
Mariner

peluche
08/28/2003, 02:45 PM
I have a Gramma and a Purple firefish in the same tank, and they get along incredibly well together.

But I have no 6-line wrass.

If I had to pick between those two , I think I would lean towards the Gramma. The firefish could be intimidated. But here again, fish do not read books and react differently in different tanks.

vikingkim
08/28/2003, 07:22 PM
I have all of these fish in a 2yr old 55g along with an occellaris, bangaii, yellow-tailed damsel and a mandarin. The only aggression problems I've seen have been a little bit of chasing between the damsel and the 6-line. I would never put a mandarin and 6-line together again (pod competion), but luckily for me, both eat prepared foods as well!