PDA

View Full Version : Helppppp posting pic....

melt
05/16/2001, 12:24 PM
Can any one walk me step by step how to post pictures after my texts. don't laugh, I am a system technician not a programmer. Please help.

3_high_low
05/16/2001, 12:51 PM
do you know how to copy/paste a url? if so, post the url then surround it like this: "***url to pic***"

and it will work provided the pic is hosted by a service that allows to post pics direct. I know msn and geocity doesn't allow this, Photopoint does though.

hth

Puffer Daddy
05/16/2001, 12:55 PM
I had the same prob. and after many tries figured it out!!!
OK, first you have to have the pic "posted on the web" so the bbb can grab it. What I did was go to photopoint.com and estab. a account to load my pic. You will have to download a program to establish your pic. After I did all this, I had a Image Express icon on my desktop. It was pretty easy to follow everything to put my pic on photopoint. Once you get here, your almost done. I was a moron and tried to post my whole gallery!!! On your account (photopoint pic page) you should have thumbnails. Click on the pic you want to post then go to the address bar and copy the address. Then go to your Reef Central post and Paste the address where you want it to go. The last step is putting the vb code before and after your paste. The link is on the top of the post page. You must put [img ] before and [/ img] after the past so the bbb knows its a pic. Do this without the spaces. I put the spaces in so the bbb wouldn't do anything funky. Give it a try, you can always delete the Test thread later. If you have any probs. Ill see if I can help. Also, I read that photopoint was going to charge at the end of last month but I might be wrong. Good luck, I had major probs. too but found it to be quite easy.