PDA

View Full Version : closing legitimate threads....

Lobster
05/15/2001, 08:24 PM
(this will probably be deleted - how dare I have an opinion)

Regarding <a href="/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=23078">this thread</a>:

I think its really pathetic that a thread was closed just because someone pointed out that there is alot of "BS logic being perpetuated here". These reef forums really are becoming cluttered with misinformation to the point you have to be cautious of advice. Why close a thread because people raise legitimate questions?

Debate is a productive form of discussion, although disagreements will occur. I think most people are obviously capable of defending their own comments. If you can't defend a statement you made, then obviously it deserved questioning. Too bad people aren't emotionally equipped to deal with the outcome. This is a great way to encourage more people to keep their mouths shut.

Maybe the administrators should worry more about the quality of information being spread around rather than how many registered users they have.

Colin
05/15/2001, 08:33 PM
Erm, not to diminish your point, but that thread isn't closed.

--Colin

Lobster
05/15/2001, 09:00 PM
They reopened it. Hooray, thanks.

Lobster
05/15/2001, 09:36 PM
Ok, well now its closed again just as I was posting. :D I retract my thanks and reinstate my previous claims of fascist moderation.

Aquaman
05/15/2001, 09:42 PM
Hmmm pointing to some other thread???

Colin
05/15/2001, 09:52 PM
LOL, it's obviously a conspiracy, as I just posted to it. :D

--Colin

Q-ball
05/15/2001, 10:03 PM
1st - Very rarely do threads get deleted, & you know it
2nd - Wrong forum, this kinda stuff belongs (if at all) in the Lounge, as it clearly states at the doorway.
3rd - IMO (as well as others) the thread you're talking about was headed nowhere except for personal insults, all revolving around a person not even participating on this board to chime in. The rules are pretty clear regarding personal insults. We (the moderators) have been very clear about this for quite a while. We simply will not stand for it. You (or anybody else) want to just insult people, please do it at some other board that doesn't care what's posted & let's it all fly.
4. Don't you think one thread about this was enough?
5. You're allowed to have an opinion, we're just not required to listen:D
6. You may want to edit your post as your link points to a thread ( http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=23078 ) totally unrelated & unlocked, it may prove your side of things a bit more;)
Please keep in mind the moderators are highly paid professionals, and sometimes we use that money to make decisions that some people may not be entirely happy with. We understand this, even sympathize, but we all gotta do what we all gotta do. We hope you understand.

Q!!!

JohnL
05/15/2001, 10:20 PM
What Q said :cool:

Lobster, your assertion is wrong.

"I think its really pathetic that a thread was closed just because someone pointed out that there is alot of "BS logic being perpetuated here".

This is not why the thread was closed.

"Maybe the administrators should worry more about the quality of information being spread around rather than how many registered users they have."

Maybe you should find a board where you and the administrators see eye to eye. Better yet, go start your own board and you can run it as you see fit.