PDA

View Full Version : White spots on fins & body ???

Gunnie
05/15/2001, 08:23 PM
Is this ICH ? If so whats the best remedy as i have inverts in my tank ?

Thanks.

smiller
05/16/2001, 06:32 AM
Couldn't get a picture on my screen. White spots on the fins means a good chance of ich. Do a search for ich. You will find a ton of info. Good luck.

JohnL
05/16/2001, 12:36 PM
Gunnie,

here is a good place to look (http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14&daysprune=) for treatment of ICK.

Gunnie
05/16/2001, 04:48 PM
Thanks for your help i`m using "Cryptopur" & my Yellow tang seems clear after just 24 hours just the Powder blue to go now but he seems a little better already !!

Fingers crosssed.

Thx again .

billsreef
05/16/2001, 11:06 PM
Just be aware that the life cycle of ick is to drop off the fish (fish appears to be getting better) and reproducing in the gravel and reinfecting the fish several days later.

BTW what is the ingredients of "cryptopur"? I've seen many "remedys" come and go and have not heard of that one before.

Gunnie
05/17/2001, 03:12 PM
Thanks Billsreef ! It`s now 48 hours since i started treatment & my Powder blue tang seems alot better :) i have switched my skimmer back on & will give it acouple more days & see how things are then turn my carbon filter back on !!

Do UV sterilizers hellp keep ICH away ?

Thanks in advance.

FMarini
05/17/2001, 04:14 PM
Gunnie:
could you please write down the ingredient list from the "crytopur" . It would be interesting to figure out if this stuff worked or that your tang fought (what ever the ailment was) it off.
I'm still not convinced it was ick, but it may have been.
Hopefully there will be no side effects (or long term negative effects) w/ this invert safe treatment.
keep us informed
thanks
frank

Gunnie
05/17/2001, 04:29 PM
It`s called Cryptopur by SERA

Ingredients:

ethanol
phenoi
dihydroxybenzol

Does this help ?

PoorGirl
07/30/2001, 01:16 PM
Gunnie, I have a Flame Angel that's been fighting ich for 3 or 4 weeks. I've been using the garlic treatment but it's just not doing it. I've also tried Kick Ich, with no luck. And trying to catch her is not an option... I've tried and tried. I'm interested in the Cryptopur that you mentioned but I can't find anyone who sells it. Can you help? Thanks.