PDA

View Full Version : What would be considered the best heater?

iozomatli
08/25/2003, 09:17 AM
I currently have an Ebo-Jager glass heater, but I herad that some of the glass heaters crack when they burn out. I was wondering what would be the ideal heater.

hwynboy
08/25/2003, 10:29 AM
I stay away from glass heaters for that reason...I use a titanium heater in my sump. Though I have had a glass heater in my FW tank for over 6 years.

Kelley
08/25/2003, 10:34 AM
I had an Ebo-Jager in my fresh water for about 1 year. One day, all of my fish started kicking the bucket and I couldn't figure out why. I noticed the temp was pretty high but I didn't really think anything about it. The next day, all the fish were dead, the temp was over 100 degrees! There were about 20 some fish in the tank. I have an Ebo-Jager in my 44 gallon and it has been there many years, go figure, never any problems. I think I will go back to Ebo-Jager, but if anything like that happens agian, I will be in the market for a different heater.

reef-man_d-man
08/25/2003, 10:35 AM
Personally I am using a glass heater (not by choice by the way) and it makes me very nervous, when I replace my heater I wil go with either stainless steel or titanium. I dont know much about the stainless ones so I will probably steer toward the titanium.

mogulski
08/25/2003, 10:51 AM
i've always used visitherm heaters. they work and they are pretty inexpensive. had one go haywire, but it was many years old and i certainly got lots of usage from it

iozomatli
08/26/2003, 01:00 AM
What would be a good brand for a titanium heater?

alkataz
08/26/2003, 02:30 AM
I use Pro Heat II titamium heaters and they kick butt haven't had a problem yet. 3+ years

SurferDude771
08/26/2003, 08:45 AM
ive had a via-aqua stainless steel heater in my reef tank for about a year and have another one in my brackish tank. great heater.