PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it a sucess...hitchhiker anemone rescued.

reefgal
05/15/2001, 12:19 PM
Dr. Shimek,

A few months ago, I wrote to you for some advice on a little E. quadricolor who hitchhiked in on some live rock that I was using to set up my seahorse tank. He looked pretty bad. He was a completely bleached, quarter-sized piece of slime hanging onto the underside of a rock. I moved him into my reef tank and started feeding him. After a few weeks, he started looking better...got some color, was expanding, etc. Then he seemed to take a turn for the worse. He stopped expanding, stopped eating, and started bleaching again. I figured he was a goner. But I just left him alone until he started opening up a little again. I started feeding him daily as soon as he would accept it.

Well, now the good news....He seems to have made a full recovery. He had moved from the lower reaches of the tank where he stayed in the shade to the top of the tank where he gets full light. He has good green coloring with pink tips on the tentacles. Currently, his oral disk measures about three inches across when he's expanded. My pair of A. perculas visit him from time to time and it doesn't seem to cause him any stress. I'm still feeding him a couple of times a week, just to make sure he's getting enough nutrition. But, basically, I'm called him recovered. In fact, I'll probably have to find another home for him in a few months. I already have a huge rose E. quadricolor in my reef and don't really need two, if you know what I mean. :)

It's really a joy to see the little guy doing so well. Thanks for your help!

rshimek
05/15/2001, 01:51 PM
Hi,

That is great news! Thanks for letting us know.

:D

horge
05/15/2001, 08:11 PM
Three cheers for your Desert-Sandiness!
Any chance for a pic?

:D

reefgal
05/16/2001, 11:36 AM
Horge,

Picture? Of course there's a chance for a picture. I'll bring one with me to post tomorrow.

reefgal
05/17/2001, 11:09 AM
Horge,

Here you go. (Looks pretty good, huh?)

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/DeckDr/desertreefer/greengus.jpg

[Edited by reefgal on 05-21-2001 at 12:22 PM]

rshimek
05/17/2001, 03:14 PM
Hi Reefgal,

Right nice! Congrats!! :D

horge
05/18/2001, 08:02 PM
Hah! Finally got it!
Very nice, and the fish is so cooperative, posing like that!

[Edited by horge on 05-21-2001 at 06:39 PM]

jimhobbs
05/18/2001, 10:23 PM
:)

Nagel
05/19/2001, 11:47 PM
just cut n paste the link in a new window, seems to be protected kinda like yahoo.

Very nice by the way, very nice. Good luck with it!