PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Wrasse QUICK Question

DensityMan
08/21/2003, 06:52 PM
Doing some impromptu aquascaping... which turned into a water-change which scared Walter into the sand.

Problem is I didn't see where, but I know he isn't in the front of the tank.

Moving rockwork back to the back-wall due to a long sustained battle with cyano... doing this to open up some of the sandbed for more circulation.

Is the Yellow Wrasse dumb enough to stay under the sand if I move rock on top of him?

Will he just die from shock and fright if I try to scoop him from the sandbed? Can I 'break' him by trying to rake throught the sandbed?

How deep does he sleep anyway?

Just hoping for a response quickly (my fault, not anyone elses) because I am mid-change and don't want the pumps off for too long...

Thanks,

Rock Anemone
08/21/2003, 07:59 PM
I would turn the pumps back on and let the tank run, until he comes up.

Never change your rockwork around when their are fish under the sand, you could place a rock right on-top of them, which wouldn't allow them to come up.

Raking through the sandbed isn't a good idea. You'll be making a mess and releasing a lot of things into the water that you don't want mixed up.

Just my opinion! Best of luck!

Rock Anemone

DensityMan
08/22/2003, 11:27 AM
Thanks RA,

In the chaos (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=231623) of last nights events I ended up moving the rock-work anyway, but he survived the night and made it out for breakfast this morning unscatched.

Rock Anemone
08/22/2003, 01:06 PM
No problem!:thumbsup:

Glad everything is ok, the salt deal must have been very frustrating!

Rock Anemone:D