PDA

View Full Version : yellow tang eating

john rochon
08/20/2003, 06:33 PM
yellow eating my sun coral. whats up with that? I feed well but all of a sudden he likes this coral.

EdKruzel
08/21/2003, 11:37 AM
By feeding well are you referring to amounts of foods, frequency, types of foods or all three?

There is something missing from your tang's diet that it is attempting to get from the excess mucus or maybe even the tissue of that particular coral.

Remove or place some type of barrier such as eggcrate or wedding veil material in front of the sun coral to protect it.

Make sure you vary the diet of your fish and try to have a constant supply of nori or other type of vegetable sheet available on a lettuce clip.

Once it begins to graze at a regular source, it will hopefully forget about corals.

Good Luck,
Ed

john rochon
08/21/2003, 01:35 PM
I feed everything under the sun[no pun intended]
he just for some reason is eating any polyps that might be sticking out? I feed, MYSIS,BRINE,NORI,FLAKE,FROZEN [2 TYPES]
CYCLOPEAZE. I put the coral in the sump for now and will make some kind of decision later. Maybe reintorduce it later when the tang is bigger and hopefully his little brain forgot that he liked that coral.