PDA

View Full Version : malachite green

markk
05/13/2001, 09:04 PM
I have a 10 gallon quaritine tank set up to treat my fish with ich. I set it up on friday night and put the right dose in but the bottle doesn't tell me how often I need to add more, if any?? Does anyone know if I need to add more and how often I should add. How long to most people keep there fish in the quaritine tank?? Also, will my fish get infected again when I put them back into the bigger tank?? or is there something I can do so they won't??? Sorry, so many questions!!!!

hesaias
05/13/2001, 09:15 PM
Hey Mark
You might wanna do a search on Ich treatment before you decide just what to do.
First, do your fish have ich?
Second, are you sure?
Third are there other fish in the main tank?
there are a lot of questions. Whatever you do, dont get any Malichite green in your main tank, as it is real bad for inverts. Im no expert here, and I really never had any success treating Ich, other than leaving the fish in the main tank, and keeping the stress level there as low as possible, and just letting the fish fight the ich off themselves.
Anyway, im sure there are some folks here who can give you some pointers on treatment.
BTW, what kind of fish is it?

markk
05/13/2001, 09:18 PM
I have one false perc and one royal gramma. Does anyone know if the malachite green with be too harsh for certain fish???

markk
05/13/2001, 09:20 PM
I still have a cleaner wrasse in the main tank but he doesn't show any signs of ich. The royal gramma was the worst infected!!

Breef
05/13/2001, 09:30 PM
I got rid of my ich with Marine Max,it is not a medicine. You might want to try it if you can fin it.