PDA

View Full Version : Tank Setups

Insomniac
05/12/2001, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure how many people are actually checking our board, but I am curious about what kind of setups everyone has. Nathan's and Aaron's are the only ones I've seen so far.
Me: 75 Gallon, 95# LR, 3-4" DSB, a pawn shop CSL PC Fixture (MH on the way, UPS says final components will arrive Monday). 1 Damsel, a pair of true percs. Not much coral yet...a few nice frags from Nathan and James (button polyps and a mushroom are thriving particularly).
Looking forward to the next meeting.
Tim

npaden
05/16/2001, 10:31 AM
Since no one else will post on this I figured I would run down the tanks I know of in Lubbock:

Aaron Shelley - 240 gallon Oceanic - Tons of fish and corals, 3 - 1" sea swirls, euroreef skimmer, very good water movement, very nice setup! Fairly new setup for Aaron who is an experienced reefer.

James Cokendolpher - 2 - 20 gallon tanks - Reef - One tank mostly softies and the other SPS. AMAZING tanks period, ESPECIALLY considering James uses tap water for top off and water changes. Excellent growth and probably the best variety on his SPS of anyone in town. As far as equipment goes, the only thing nice about James setup is the health and beauty of the livestock in his tanks! ;)

Tommy Bartley - 75 and 58 gallon tanks. Mostly softies under VHO, but VERY nice softies (Xenia and Anthelia, etc.) and excellent growth on these. Beautiful tanks.

Jason ?(forgot his last name!) - 125 gallon tank. Until recently Jason had a beautiful 150 that he just sold. Jason probably has the most sps colonies of anyone in town and the best colors IMO. I've never seen the 125 up and running, but the 150 was a beautiful tank!

Steve Streetman - 58 and 30 gallon tanks. Nice SPS and various other corals. Nice setup - good growth on his SPS very pretty tanks.

Eric Moore - 58 gallon. Various LPS and Softies. Nice tank, problems keeping fish alive except for 1 very nice looking Darwin clownfish. ;)

Tristan Callaway - 75, 58 and 40? Nice tanks, growing SPS, LPS and softies. Bangaii Cardinal breeder. Also has a setup for breeding brine shrimp. Nice tanks.

Tim Scarbourgh - ? (several large tanks) - LOADED with corals and fish. Beautiful tanks. ABSOULUTELY jam packed with livestock!

Me - Currently have a 120 with SPS, Clams, LPS and softies as well as a decent fish load. Upgrading to a new 414 gallon tank this summer!

Sorry for those toward the bottom of the list, I decided I couldn't spend 2 hours typing this post describing everyones setup. Also these are just the tanks that I have seen in person, I know Ron has a 135 and Shane has a 180, but have never seen those tanks.

FWIW, Nathan