PDA

View Full Version : evil achilies tang

theladydragon
08/16/2003, 10:16 AM
my friend moved his 55 gallon to an other friends house, with half the water already established half new saltwater. my friend other friend wants an achilies tang so at my lfs (friends work) they had a 2.5-3 inch achillies tang, they bnaught it and asked if i could keep it in my 20 gallon nano so i said sure. this thing is a terror during feeding time, he bites my poor lil clownfish, and is so nuerotic he desterbs my watchman goby and just about all else in the tank! so i guess is this behavior normal? and how can it be curbed so my poor clown isnt pecked on? i cant move it to my friends tank (her incompotance is such that she could kill goldfish with out even trying) were waiting a few months as the moved tank readjust its self, just cause we know shes just going to kill this delicate fish but when she has her mind set on something nothins going to changethat..... sighs...srry bout the long post

ashley
:strooper: :rollface:

naesco
08/16/2003, 11:05 AM
Ashley very carefully remove the achilles tang and take it back to the LFS for a credit. Do this now.
The minimum requirements for an achilles tang is a 6 foot tank which is approximately 135 gallons.
It will kill your other fish in your tank and the stress of a tiny 20 gallon will kill the achilles too.

dendronepthya
08/16/2003, 11:54 AM
I agree, I have this fish and it is quickly outgrowing my 120. It is IMPOSSIBLE to provide it a good home in a 20 gallon, even on the short term...but I didn't have to tell you that. You're experiencing why it is a bad idea.

I should also add that the only other fish in my tank is a tomato clown, and the two never fight.

theladydragon
08/16/2003, 12:22 PM
i didnt pay forthe fishj so i cant takeit back but ill have to tell them what you guys said, but if she wants to keep it i cant do anything about it. but im sure shell agree with me that that if she wants other fish shell take it back but im not sure...
illl post back soon with what she does

theladydragon
08/16/2003, 03:52 PM
update on the tang
she wanted to keep it so we moved it to her tank i told her wonce it got bigger shell have to get rid of it.
oh well at least it isnt terrorizing my tank anymore

ashley