PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Clown Wrasse

Csug
08/16/2003, 10:01 AM
I introduced a clown wrasse to my tank last night, and have not seen him since the "sun" went down. I know that some fish tend to hide out for a little while when they are introduced to a new surrounding, but even then, your usually able to get a glimpse of them once in a while. Has anyone had any experience with these guys? Should I start looking for a body?
Thanks

Csug
08/16/2003, 11:22 AM
I know these fish bury themselves in the substrate for a good nights sleep, but has anyone had / or heard of them leaping from the tank??? I still have had no sign of him in there, theres no fishies on the floor, but I do have 2 cats...possible $20.00 midnight snack?

ReefGeekster
08/16/2003, 11:31 AM
when newly introduced sometimes they will bury/hide for a few days, not to be too alarmed, though they can jump so do check surrounding areas.
I didn't see my wrasse for three days after introducing him, now he's a regular.

Csug
08/16/2003, 11:51 AM
I appreciate it. I'll keep an eye out for him. I checked around the tank - No sign, although, as I stated above I do have a cleanup crew of 2 cats, so if he jumped.....:eek1:

Csug
08/16/2003, 06:00 PM
He came out, although much to my clownfishs' dismay. Seems that the wrass' high energy, and wantingness to have the whole tank as his roaming grounds didn't take too well with the clownfish. The clown has his "own" section of the tank (hanging close to the Xenia) and went crazy when the wrass came anywhere near him. Chasing, and nipping at it any chance he got. Anyway, it's back to the LFS for the Wrasse. Too bad.:mad: