PDA

View Full Version : Final Stocking List...Need Advice!

stefnhog
08/15/2003, 02:19 PM
I have a 55g reef with a 20g sump. I plan to add the following fish in this order:

1 true percula clown
2 royal grammas
1 flame angel
1 copperband butterfly
1 sixline wrasse

clean up crew:
5 nassarius snails
5 bumblebee snails
1 pistol shrimp
1 brittlestar

Does this sound okay...?? I will add fish one at a time...very slowly. How is my clean up crew? Do u think I will have any compatibility problems? Are all specimens reef safe?

Thanks,
stef

Algae Blenny
08/15/2003, 02:22 PM
Looks good, but I would get two clowns and only one Royal Gramma.

jayo
08/15/2003, 02:29 PM
Your clean-up crew has lots of detritus eating things, but no algae eaters. Is there any reason you aren't including any astreas, trochus, or turbo snails?

jayo

aprincex2
08/15/2003, 02:38 PM
Same on the 2 royal grammas- only 1 per tank.

Sting
08/15/2003, 03:40 PM
Looks good, take out one Royal Gramma and add another clownfish- like previosuly suggested.

I'm not sure about tank requirements for Copperbands but I know they are very hard to keep- so make sure to get a good specimen, acclimate it well, and make sure it's eating. It may not be suitable for a 55 G.

The thing that needs work is your clean up crew! The pistol shrimp will tear up your sand bed- whether or not that matters to you. You brittle star will be nice- but you'll never see it (that doesn't mean you shouldn't get it- they are still very cool!). But your snail choices? What's up with that? I have 25 Astrea Turbo Snails (these things are AMAZING with algea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and 20 Hermits alone is a 37 G- and some even suggest more! Get rid of the Bumblebees and Nassarius, just get a bunch of Astrea Trubos, and a bunch of hermits too. I promise you won't regret it! I let my tank accumulate algea for over 3 weeks (it still didnt get too much) and in less than 5 days all of the algea is gone! I'd also add maybe 1 Emerald Crab- they are really good helpers when it comes to eating unwated stuff- they pick at everything! But see that's also their downside! I have 3 in a 37- but see I love crabs. You may only want to go with one though- to just be safe :)

Instead of the Pistol, you might want a Scarlet Skunk CLeaner Shrimp. They are much more appealing- you'll probably see them more (I have only seen my pistol once in 3 months)- and they will help deal with ick if that ever becomes a problem.

Good Luck, and I hope I helped out. :)