PDA

View Full Version : fish not eating

teria
05/10/2001, 01:49 AM
hi,could you please help me my domino is not eating, the rest of my fish are eating i do not know what i did wrong every since my cleaner shrimp died he will not eat i tested the water and did a water change help me please

rshimek
05/10/2001, 05:38 AM
Hi,

This question is more appropriate to the Saltwater fish forum and I am moving it there.

billsreef
05/10/2001, 10:38 PM
Now a domino that does not eat is rare indeed.

I will need to ask you a few questions to start with.
How long as the tank been set up?

How is it set up? ie filtration etc.

What are your water test parameters for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, alkalinity, specific gravity and temperture? I'm looking for actuall values here,not just a "they are fine" kind of thing.

What are the other tank inhabitants?

Did you make any changes to the tank? Either new additions, equipment changes or anything else.

Is the fish showing any other symptoms such as rapid breathing, slow and labored breathing, Scratching or anything else?

teria
05/12/2001, 05:35 AM
hi,i have a 35gallon hexagon, i have a emperor280 with bio-wheel and a penguin 170-with bio-wheel,prizm skimmer,2maxi jet600 powerheads,1powersweep powerheads,1 rio600waterpump,my bed is 3inches crushed coral and live sand 55pounds of fiji rock i just added 5 more pound last week. my tank has been set up 1 year,3domino,1tomato clown,1fiji devil,all as old as the tank,6red leg hermit,1 serpent star,1arrow crab specific gravity 1.026,temp77,i did a sea test and my ammonia is high can you please help me how can i get my ammonia down thanks for all your concerns

billsreef
05/13/2001, 12:10 AM
You have a lot of large aggressive damsels in that tank, therin is the problem. The best bet is to reduce the bio load (it's kind of high). Those dominoes and fiji devel get over 4 inches are real terrorists. I'm suprised they haven't killed each other already in that small of a tank. Dominoes BTW are the only fish to ever attack me and draw blood while diving...more funny and mildly annoying than anything else, kind of like UW mosquitoes ;) My advice would be to stick with the clown and remove the dominoes and fiji devil (will black, ugly and large with age anyway). Then find some small tankmates for the clown, maybe try and get a mate for it or some small gobies.