PDA

View Full Version : Kissing Chromis

Siddroww
08/12/2003, 11:30 AM
Whats up with this ? I have 2 greens in my 150 reef and they frequently do this , anyone know ?

Zepplin
08/12/2003, 12:20 PM
We've got 2 blues in our tank and they do it too! Pretty frequently too. It's kinda funny to watch. I don't know whether it's aggression or what, but they seem to get along quite well regardless.

Dan

Siddroww
08/12/2003, 12:38 PM
It is fun to watch , they lock up and spin in circles , let go and dart back at each other . I was wondering if it might be a mating ritual or as well thought it might be 2 males fighting for dominance or females for that matter . I ran a search here and couldnt find anyone else who posted about it and I have searched the internet for any info on breeding but just come up with the basic stuff .

Zepplin
08/12/2003, 12:56 PM
Yeah, we're in the same boat here... We've always wondered if it's some sort of mating thing, but then again, they've never spawned or anything like that. But at the same time, they have never hurt eachother.

Heh, they're doing it right now.

Dan

Triggeraddict
08/12/2003, 01:21 PM
It is an aggression thing. It is commonly referred to as jaw locking, they are fighting over territory disputes. I think this is the case anyway. There is a good chance they are two males. Anyway, hope this helps.

YinYang
08/12/2003, 01:21 PM
I noticed that also w/my chromis.